Search results

1. R

Speaker Plans (or kits available in UK/EU?)

Hi All, I keep seeing review or mention of good quality speakers, but the trend on ASR is towards speakers made or marketed in the USA. Whilst this is completely understandable, given @amirm 's location, it does leave us here in the UK and EU less informed about potential self-build speaker...
  2. R

Affordable complete setup for clean reggae/dub at high volume?

Hi All, Basic description: Wanted - complete setup recommendations. Inputs - TV, laptop 3.5mm, BT, CCA Room - 8x5m Music - LOUD reggae, dub, funk, soul etc. Total budget - £500 Longer description: A friend is asking me for recommendations for a new hifi. He is a huge fan of reggae, dub...
  3. R

Parametric Array speaker review?

Hi All, Parametric array speakers produce highly directional/localised audible sound via the intermodulation of two ultrasonic waves. This concept appears in a few niche or novelty applications, including research I'm involved with, but I don't see much mention of it in terms of general music...
  4. R

How to send video to projector, audio to hifi, wirelessly with zero or matching latency?

Hi All, I thought I'd ask to see if someone has overcome this technical issue, as it seems fairly likely to occur when a projector is used. I have a projector on one side of the room, and my hifi setup on the other. Independently, they both work great. I can use a wired connection from my...
  5. R

Audiophonics Evo-Sabre DAC

Hi All, I've been reading this refreshingly fact-based and polite forum for a while now, and found a wealth of useful knowledge. In my quest to totally start from scratch with my hifi, I have been considering some kind of streamer/DAC/preamp to connect to a clean power amp for a minimal setup...
  6. R

DAC + Power Amp? DAC + Preamp + Power Amp? DAC + Integrated? Integrated, built-in DAC? <£1000

Hi All, I've been reading many of the articles and reviews on this site for a while now and it's honestly a breath of fresh air. I work as a research biologist on acoustics of animal communication, which gives me a limited background in some audio tech, but more importantly it gives me a need...
Top Bottom