Search results

1. GDK

Do you have a favourite song?

For my own personal use, I am trying to compile a playlist of my Top 1000 songs. However, I am sure that I have forgotten a few classics along the way and so I am curious as to what everyone else would nominate as their one, all-time, favourite song. The one that's always overplayed. Your sine...
  2. GDK

SINAD vs Power…Would you rather?

Some Canada Day fun for everyone, because who doesn’t love a good ole’ ASR poll? :facepalm: Would you rather have a (lower power but incredible clarity) Benchmark AHB2 or a (lower clarity, higher power) NAD C298? Assume that you can only afford to buy one of either, so that running them in mono...
  3. GDK

Speakers and Subs - FR or XO?

The received wisdom on ASR seems to be that you should always have some form of a cross-over between your mains and your subs. However, is this really always true? Does it matter, for example, on whether you have a pair of 2-way bookshelves versus large 3-way floor standers? Is it more relevant...
  4. GDK

Are There Any Good Remasters?

I have been trying to download CD versions of a bunch of the MP3s and/or LPs I have acquired over the years. However, so many classic albums are now only available as 2000s remixes. I have not heard any good remixes. Have you? Also, are there any remixes that we should all avoid? I hated to...
  5. GDK

Devialet Phantoms

Some quick advice is requested. I want to add a pair of wireless speakers to my family room. They need to be wireless because of the layout, which is part of an open concept main floor of around 1000ft2 (10,000ft3) with a primary listening position of around 10 feet from the speakers. These...
  6. GDK

Cantilever Repair?

In a freak accident, I managed to bend the cantilever in a virtually brand new Goldring cartridge. It now sits at a 90 degree angle to the base. I tried to straighten it and pretty sure I made it much worse. Does anyone know if this can be repaired (clearly not by me)or do I need to take my...
  7. GDK

More (Different?) Subwoofer Questions...

I know that there is a currently active thread right now with some basic subwoofer questions (which I have been following), but I have a different use case and therefore I hope the members will indulge me here... I have a small, audio-only, listening room with a pair of relatively compact...
Top Bottom