Search results

1. Satyadhara

High system delay and noise when doing sweep in REW

Hi everyone, I'm experiencing some weird problems when measuring a 2M sweep in REW: Firstly, I get a completely unrealistic system delay between the acoustic timing signal and the speaker response peaks of 7.3 meters or 21ms, and don't know what could be causing this (DAC is RME ADI-2 FS, mic...
  2. Satyadhara

REW: Current and peak values in RTA

I'm wondering what the difference between the "current" and "peak" values is when making measurements in the RTA window of REW. Can anyone explain? I got some convolution filters from Thierry at Home Audio Fidelity, and did some measurements to check how they change frequency response etc., and...
  3. Satyadhara

Keep bass traps or send them back (with measurements)? Your advice needed!

Hi everyone, I recently got some bass traps from Perfect Acoustics - these ones in 104x40x40cm: https://perfect-acoustic.com/termek/acoustical-sound-panels/ Now I did a series of measurements with and without them, and as far as I can say, they don't make that much difference. Below are some...
  4. Satyadhara

Echo and sibilance only on one side - can you help me out?

Hi everyone, Overall, I'm quite happy with the sound in my room, but there is one issue that I don't quite understand, so maybe you can enlighten me? My speakers are set up symmetrically, with a distance of 83cm from the side walls, 97cm from the front wall, and 2.10m apart (all measured from...
  5. Satyadhara

Measurements with test tones vs. real music - what's the difference?

I recently watched a review of the SMSL SH-9, in which the reviewer claims that devices which measure very well might still not sound very good, because measurements are taken using test tones instead of real music. This is the video. I'm not a tech guy, so I'm interested in what others think...
  6. Satyadhara

Any measurements for Lehmann Linear/Linear SE?

Hi All, As I didn't find a thread for headphone amp measurement requests, I'll just post this here. The Lehmann Linear is used as a reference amp when showcasing headphones like the Sennheiser HD800/S, and several mastering/recording studios in Europe seem to use it as well. However, I can only...
Top Bottom