Search results

1. scrubb

A real DIY speaker, components and all.

This guy didn't just build a box and put some commercial drivers and crossovers into it. He built all of it from scratch. Fascinating process, I love to know how it measures.
  2. scrubb

Axpona 2023, my show report

I went to the Axpona audio show this weekend. For the first time in my four years of Axpona, I went for two days. Why two days? Primarily because when tickets went on sale, there was a deal for two day passes. I was glad I did two days as I had a lot more time for detailed exploration and...
  3. scrubb

Level variation with RPi streamer into different DACs

I'm having a strange levels issue with my Raspberry Pi 4 streamer running Moode. Maybe someone can tell me what I'm doing wrong. I stream via Airplay to RPi, USB out to MiniDSP 2x4HD, analog out to Vanatoo Transparent Zero powered speakers. It sounds good, but the volume is very low. I...
  4. scrubb

I thought it was just me going deaf

Interesting article below about movie soundtracks and how they're mixed. I have definitely lost hearing over the years but maybe that's not the only reason why I can't understand TV and movie dialog. I've often wondered if movies suffer from the "loudness wars", but seeing as I watch most...
  5. scrubb

MUHAHA! I just built a $40 RPi streamer

This is going to sound awfully simplistic to most people on this forum, but I’m really proud of myself right now, and maybe it will serve as inspiration for others who are less technically inclined. That said, I barely know what I’m doing. It was a real hack project. I read a few web...
  6. scrubb

Amplifier peak power, class D vs class A/B

I've been looking at amplifiers and I have noticed that Class A/B amps typically have a peak power output much greater than max power. Class D amps however, don't have any peak power. What are the practical ramifications of this difference? Will it make a difference in how an amp will perform...
  7. scrubb

Where to sit when conducting room measurements

Newbie here, first post. I'm learning a lot in this forum and quickly becoming an audio objectivist. Thanks! When you're doing room measurements with Dirac or REW or whatever, where do you sit? In the listening position? Long story, small room, I've been sitting just outside the room with...
Top Bottom