Search results

1. I

xDuoo TA-20 Tube Balanced Headphone Amplifier Review

Yeah, that sounds too low... thinking about this. Sorry, didn't save you time... :-(
  2. I

On the Left, the Chinese stock tubes, and on the right are Jan Sylvania USA 6189 (green). About sound changes, I can't say now anything, need some time with it. :)
  3. I

In Europe, on eBay, I could get a pair for $67-$98... :confused:. Anyway, I'm looking around. Thx!
  4. I

I can say now, that i am very happy with my choice. Really great amp to pair with something like a SMSL M500 (ESS) Cant wait to get home, and play anything. ( i turned down a thx 789, it was not working in my setup) I'm reading alot about tubes, i dont know wich to choose now. I search...
  5. I

SMSL M500 - Owners' Thread

If without it its not working that's a different situation. But telling people to update it(with m400 firmware), and not telling they are risking bricking it... :-(
  6. I

You did update firmware with that?
  7. I

Don't bother updating, soundwise nothing will change.
  8. I

SMSL M500 DAC and HP Amp Review

As a "beginner" i think in your chain that wouldn't do much, or nothing. Same chip, same manufacturer implementation. For my liking M500 is a great product. My next step was a headphone amp, the xDuoo TA-20, it was better with my K712 Pro, than THX 789. I think with alot of headphones you dont...
  9. I

Little show off. xDuoo TA-20 + SMSL M500, brothers from another mothers. :) (KáCsa XLR cables)
  10. I

I don't know about the pricing, i bought it (new fw) :D What i like - ESS, realy analitical - Balanced - Powerfull amp ( pared to thx 789, the soundtage is good, but less depth) - The size (not stackable, but for my place its great) A pared it with xduoo ta-20.
  11. I

Can someone write alternatives like this amp?
  12. I

Does this amp realy perform this bad? Maybe the tubes are not the best one that it comes with?
  13. I

So you use M500 as a DAC. With what Headphone amps?
  14. I

My wife would like your suggestion. But we all know, i need to search for a new headphone... :D
  15. I

I got my M500 since 2 days! :D:cool: I love it! (Comming from M6 , and Xonar STX) Info: SW: 1.7 HW: 1.3 ; 2020-05-30 Wich driver do i need to install? Do i need to make firmware update? Asio or Wasapi? Grounding is needed? (It would get earthloop i think) ------------------------- For the...
  16. I

I got my M500 since 2 days! :D:cool: I love it! (Comming from M6 , and Xonar STX) Info: SW: 1.7 HW: 1.3 ; 2020-05-30 Wich driver do i need to install? Do i need to make firmware update? Asio or Wasapi? Grounding is needed? (It would get earthloop i think) ------------------------- For the...
  17. I

Today i noticed something. With my SMSL M6, and powered speakers on high volume i got some buzz thats changing. I was downloading something on my phone (wifi). I stopped it, and the buzz went away.
  18. I

I would turn of all the short circuit brake, just leave 1 room/outlet. And try like that. If you cant find the problem, you can call your electric service provider. They need to look after it.
  19. I

smsl sp200 + m200 vs m500

So, right now i have an SMSL M6, and an AKG K612 Pro. Im using mainly Tidal and Foobar. I was looking at a little upgrade at SMSL M500 + AKG K712 Pro. Somebody told me to get instead SMSL SP200 and M200, because M500 has not enough power to drive the K712. In the specs i see this: AKG K712 -...
Top Bottom