Search results

1. J

McIntosh MC 427 Amplifier Review

Especially those who participate in SPL competitions: I remember seeing some amps able to go as low as 1 ohm.
  2. J

I feel like a lot of the old stuff from back then were very good quality. There was some crap, but some very good. I still have gear from back in the 90's. I'm running a 1997 model Alpine head unit that is still going strong.
  3. J

As a long time car audio enthusiast, it's great to see some reviews here. @amirm Thank you!
  4. J

Concert photos

Not the greatest of photos, but here is Robert Plant and Alison Krauss last year at Red Rocks Colorado. It was a spur of the moment trip for us. Wonderful venue and a great show by one of my favorites. Most all other concerts I was at was way before we even had cell phones to take pics.
  5. J

Hard to find sub amp??

I use a pair of Outlaw 2220's for my subs with a mini DSP Flex. Works great, seems well built and the price is a bargain. Obviously though, needs a separate low pass active crossover or DSP.
  6. J

SOTA Pyxi Phono Stage Review

Yes, there is a fix, but I will be working with SOTA and Mr. Wyn Palmer on an exchange of my unit for another with a fix. To their credit, both Mr. Wyn Palmer and SOTA are very proactive with this. It's good to see this type customer service still exist :)
  7. J

Thank you. I've been working with Mr. Wyn Palmer and we determined the issue.
  8. J

Thanks for your response. Wish that other companies that frequent this site would take a more proactive approach like this. SOTA has not yet responded to me so I'll reach out to you if I don't get anything back from them in the next day or so. I've known of SOTA since like around 1980 or...
  9. J

I bought one of these Pyxi's and it has a terrible ground loop issue that I can't get rid of. A direct swap with a Pro-Ject S3B I have in comparison has no issues. I sent SOTA an email and waiting on their response. If I can't fix it, I'll be sending it back.
  10. J

Vintage amplifiers that could challenge or approach current state of the art amplifiers

That brings back memories. I bought one brand new...back in 1978 I think it was. Wish I still had it :)
  11. J

Has anyone reviewed crossovers?

I have the K231 and use it to low pass my subs at 60hz. Works fine for that duty and the electrical FR measurement is accurate and like using the output gain control to quickly adjust the output level, but my unit has a nasty, terrible hum/buzz unless I ground the chassis. I do not use it to...
  12. J

Amir's 2023 Pacific Audio Fest Report Continued

6ft speaker cables - $23,500.00 1m interconnects - $10,780.00 Good grief, Charlie Brown!
  13. J

FS: MiniDSP 4x10HD

I have this listed on Ebay for $550, but will sell for $500 plus shipping if paid directly via Paypal. I am the original owner and I purchased this from Parts Express about a year or so ago. In excellent, like new condition. Comes as shown in original box and packing. I will also include a...
  14. J

Suggestions for Hafler DH220 service?

https://quirkaudio.com/ https://www.audioproz.com/AP.php
  15. J

Suggestions for Hafler DH220 service?

Don't know where you are located, but in the US.... I've had several NAD pieces redone by Peter Williams at Quirk Audio. Excellent, honest work. I've also bought a redone Hafler DH200 from Vince at Audio Proz. Did a fine job on it. Either place should be fine.
  16. J

Speakers from last century that you love

Me too. I had Richard So rebuild all components about 4 years ago. So they'll probably out live me.
  17. J

Expectations vs. results

My opinion is that a lot of vinyl vs. digital depends on the mastering job. I have vinyl where the mastering is superior to any CD mastering I have found. I also have CD's where the mastering is superior to any vinyl mastering I ever listened to. The mastering can make all the difference I...
  18. J

Vintage Panasonic RD-820

I was at a record show this past weekend and spotted a vintage Panasonic RD-820 and so I bought if for $73. It is in full working condition. Other than I think it was from circa 1973-1975, I have no other information on this. Does anyone know anything about this one? Entry/Mid/High level...
  19. J

Is Benchmark AHB2 power a good buy for me?

About $7,300.00 usd total. I don't think too much considering what you get for it... especially if I no longer feel the need to keep spending on upgrades anymore. You can also spend a lot more for a lot less. Plus don't forget the "Benchmark" shot glasses included for free :)
Top Bottom