Search results

1. T

WiiM Ultra

Hopefully Wiim will add LPF and HPF to their PEQ, not just peak and High shelf/Low shelf as they have now, and added to my PEQ wish list would be greater boost/cut than 12db
  2. T

KingRex T20u amp+DAC measurements or other experiences?

As a listener who has heard an apple Dongle decoding a PC (Foobar and Amazon HD) and now uses a Wiim Pro Plus -- I think you really ought to try a Pro Plus with your PA5 -- I know you could probaly setup PEQ via you computer -- but for the moderate cost of a Pro Plus (I assume it's a moderate...
  3. T

your use cases are indeed varied -- here are the last points I'll make: 1) The Wiim AMP will sell for around $400 US 2) The Wiim AMP's streaming platform/App has Soundcloud (natively part of the streaming Apps that Wiim offers -- no need to have a Mac/PC connected via USB to stream Soundcloud)...
  4. T

Or -- really move into the 21st century with.... https://www.wiimhome.com/wiimamp/overview But you'd need to work out just what you need a USB input for, as the Wiim Amp USB connection is for a USB drive holding your "ripped" digital content (CD's?) for playback thru the Wiim Amp DAC+Amp --...
  5. T

Hi, I fell victim to the "Tripath fever" around 12 years ago and bought the Sure Electronics TK2050 Tripath kit, that was the higher powered implementation of the Tripath design with a separate Sigma Delta modulator chip (for Tripath's propriatary signal conditioning) and a separate Class D...
  6. T

Conclusion: "The Topping TP60 should do better in power department but don't assume by any stretch that you are hearing the fidelity of any good source driving it. It might be a lot more useful as dual linear power supplies and case than an amplifier! What we are seeing is that unlike products...
  7. T

The TP60 was even more strange: Good grief. This is even worse! Let's sweep the input level and plot power versus distortion and see what pops out:
  8. T

here's an ASR test result of another Tripath 2020 series amp from 2019 -- the Topping TP60 -- enjoy! Let's compare that to Topping TP60:
  9. T

WiiM Pro Plus Streamer Review

https://sublimeacoustic.com/products/k231-stereo-3-way-active-crossover This is a "performant" analog xover that can be config'd for 2.2 or 2.1 bass mgmt (HP+LP) w/24db or 12 db slopes https://josephcrowe.com/blogs/news/xkitz-2-way-active-crossover But - at a cost....($500 U.S.)
  10. T

WiiM Pro Plus - Review & Measurements (Streamer)

Hi - thank you for the updated Pro+ measurements! I'm happy with mine -- Just got the Topping NX7 amp to go with the Pro+ and my Beyer DT900 ProX's... Would it be possible -- or even make sense -- to see what effect (if any) -- using the same tests -- this time with all 4 bands of PEQ used, and...
  11. T

Rogers LS3/5a (BBC) Speaker Review

Greetings fellow recovering DCM TW owner...introduce yourself to the other people here in the "DCM cult recovery" meeting... Looking back at my earliest HiFi purchases at the time ('79 thru '88) and never having more than $1K to spend on speakers (usually way less) there weren't many decent...
  12. T

Rogers LS3/5a (BBC) Speaker Review

These are remembered from the late 70s/80s...along with the BBC hype (and the "UK government always has at least 3 vendors produce certain products for Gov (BBC) use) -- but considering the general level of speaker design competence from that era, the LS3/5A series and all it's decendents --...
  13. T

Eversolo DMP-A8 Announced

Just to throw gas on the fire... https://www.eversolo.com/Product/index/model/DMP-A8/target/uXoirEESmeVKKmVViAFMcQ%3D%3D.html It has DSP/FIR filters????? Wonder (which is all we can do for now) how many Taps???? Really? There go the "$2000???!!!! - how dare they ask this much????"...
  14. T

Magnepan LRS Tweeter attenuation

"These are quite inefficient speakers that exhibit a good bit of compression as well......especially when driven full range." Yes, and a good reason for not driving them "full range" as comperession and very high levels of distortion are the result for the LRS's when asked to produce bass...
  15. T

Magnepan LRS Tweeter attenuation

I've had a lot of magnepan experience (.7i/1.7i/3.7i) and in my opinion the best thing you can do to help the LRS is to add a sub and a high pass xover filter to the amp driving them -- not necessarily for more deep bass but to offload the bass duties from the LRS's -- if you can go back to your...
  16. T

Ok, thanks for the update, as well as the EQ update from Wiim -- have just checked and indeed the LS and HS filters can be changed to Peak filters -Thanks for the info! Hopefully there will be more filters added on future Wiim updates, assuming the 4 Band limit isn't due to DSP processing power...
  17. T

1st - the 4 band limit on the Wiim is likely due to limited processing capacity - i.e.: limted DSP computational power... The 4 band limit is even worse in that 2 of the 4 bands are "shelf" filters, so only 2 are "peak" filters -- the peak filters are generally used to adjust/reduce frequency...
  18. T

I'll just leave this statement here...Just got the Pro Plus, sounds pretty good via analog outputs vs. my experiences with the standard Pro... On the EQ -- just how much functionality can you get from the 4 band parametric EQ, with two bands for High and Low shelf (not even High pass and Low...
  19. T

Best way to bi-amp?

"The problem is I am not happy with the volume levels. Everything just shouts too much when I turn things up to where I want the bass to be. You should see the EQ on my phone just to get the volume level I want." Sounds like you should invest in a MiniDSP Flex or SHD and a subwoofer (so you get...
  20. T

New WiiM "CI" products marketed by Origin Acousitcs

https://www.twice.com/the-wire/origin-acoustics-and-wiim-partner-to-create-and-distribute-professional-smart-audio-solutions
Top Bottom