Search results

1. E

BACCH4Mac "Absolute Sounds Product of the Year 2024"

Thank you for the open and lively discussion on BACCH. I thought I could allow myself to add to It by offering an answer to the valid question “How does BACCH enhance the spatial imaging of "studio-mixed" recordings without altering the sound intended by the mixing engineer?” This is a fair...
  2. E

Recordings for BACCH users

Blumlein crossed figure 8 can be sensational through BACCH especially if the recording contains a wide and realistic range of ILD cues. It is essential however to use figure 8 mics to capture hall ambiance as that adds significantly to the realism of the imaging. I just played some of the videos...
  3. E

Recordings for BACCH users

I know quite a few people reading this thread. Thank you soundArgument for updating and adding to the list. Here is another addition for lovers of modern orchestral music. All 57 albums by the Boston Modern Orchestra Project (recorded on the BMOP label) give a breathtaking 3D image through...
  4. E

BACCH4Mac Pro Edition: a report

Thank you Floyd for responding to my posting. I very much stand by the claim of “more correct” (in the context of acoustic recordings played back through XTC filters that can provide high levels of XTC) for the simple reason that the claim can be easily demonstrated both with measurements and...
  5. E

BACCH4Mac Pro Edition: a report

I am glad to read the lively, well informed and insightful discussions on BACCH and crosstalk cancellation in this forum. Also, I would like to thank you, Dr. Toole, for sharing your memories of getting Harman products licensed to use the "Cooper-Bauck crosstalk cancelling method” back in the...
Top Bottom