Search results

1. P

Wanting to build 2 small subwoofers to go on either side of my fireplace - advice appreciated

I have a big drop down projector screen that drops in front of the fireplace. Next to the fireplace - left and right - are two bookcases, BUT there's a 21cm space between the fireplace and those. So - I have on both sides a spot of 21cm wide, 48cm high, 30cm deep that's not actively being used...
  2. P

Home theater receiver on a budget, and room correction implementations (Dirac Live, YPAO RSC, Audyssey XT32)

I'm looking for a receiver in the 1000-2000 euro range, and I'd love to have proper room correction. I've read great things about Dirac Live, supposedly being better than the "we'll do it ourselves" room correction like Audyssey and YPAO RSC. So there's the Nad T758 V3I with Dirac - and it...
  3. P

Looking for a good performing class D amplifier that looks like a tube amplifier

Aight so let's get this over with - I love the way tube amplifiers look. They look like portabl Back to The Future, with glowing stuff and glass and weird parts and shit. That said, I like efficiency and I like amplification being amplification and not amplifistortion. So, I'd like to buy...
  4. P

Don't have a big budget, but would like to have Dirac Live stereo in the kitchen and 5.0 in the living room..

Hi peeps, first off thank you all so much, I've learned so much just by reading your posts the past few years. I don't have a big budget - spending 5k euros on a spiffy home theater amp is way out of my reach. I have 2 rooms I'd like to take care of - the kitchen, which is 5x5meter and has...
  5. P

Apologies in advance.. Looking for a "good looking" stereo amplifier.

Alright so first off I'm sorry for even asking this on this forum okay..? :-) We have a 5x6m kitchen, with two DIY speakers (Heissmann Acoustics "Samuel HQ" : https://heissmann-acoustics.de/en/samuel-hq-sph175hq-xt300-xt25/). I'm currently powering them with a DIY amplifier based on a heavily...
  6. P

Advice wanted (Is this okay?) : Looking for a <$1000 stereo amplifier

Okay, please hear me out.. :-) I've built a stereo amplifier I'm really happy with for my living kitchen (5x6m). I've basically bought a Yuan Jing TPA3116D2 board, and I've read through thousands of posts on the DIYAudio.com forum discussing mods on this boards, filtering and ending up with...
  7. P

An uninformed question about the ADAU1701 chip - is it inherently noisy?

I started a hobby project building 3-way speakers, powered by class D amplifiers and a DSP unit per speaker to do the crossovers. Starting out I bought the cheapest stuff I could find - a Sure 3x200W amp board, and a matching Sure DSP board based on the ADAU1701. Put it all together, and tadaa...
  8. P

Has anyone built an amp using the 3E audio TPA3255 board(s) and their DSP board?

I'm on a slow pace, multi year hobby project to make a combination of 3-way speakers without analog crossovers, and class D amps with DSP to power them and do the crossovers / filtering. I started out ordering a 3x200W T-amp board...
  9. P

Is there a section / subforum for DIY..?

Sorry if this is a dumb question but I haven't been able to find such a section. I've been lurking here for some time, and I've also been hobbying, building my own speakers and class D amplifier based on a TPA3116 board. Is there a section that discusses / reviews stuff like class D amplifier...
Top Bottom