Search results

1. D

Using ASIO with Amazon HD ... a partial solution?

Hi! I know that, I was replying to Mikett who said it autoswitched on his Topping D90SE (same driver as my D10s, unless he was using the Microsoft driver), which is how exclusive mode is supposed to behave, is it not? I would probably agree with you about the practicality of it, but why Amazon...
  2. D

Using ASIO with Amazon HD ... a partial solution?

I have not been able to make it work with my D10s , did you do anything special? I'm using the V5.30 driver and W10, but it never autoswitched with previous driver versions either.
  3. D

tempted by Sabaj A10a

I had the DA-8S and I was pleasantly surprised to find out that the A10a sounds better. It feels about 1 dB louder on the bass, but maybe that's in my head. Still, I simply tuned it down -1 dB less than what I had on the DA-8S and now it sounds perfect. Besides that, the physical volume control...
  4. D

Need advice on what amp to pair with Topping D10s

I think I'm going to go with the SA300, unless someone suggests otherwise. I can still fix the Yamaha and sell it, since I already bought the necessary materials. Besides, the Yamaha is not appropriate for desk use, while the SA300 is very appropriate - and I'm sure it's simply a better amp...
  5. D

It looks interesting. Thank you for bringing it to my attention.
  6. D

I don't live in the US, I live in Spain. Forgot to add that info to my profile, sorry! - it's added now.
  7. D

I believe that my Polk RTiA3's are pretty decent, or at least I don't have any complaints. Do you have any thoughts regarding the Yamaha RX-397?
  8. D

Ok, I think I will repair the Yamaha RX-397 and stick with that, then. Unless someone suggests otherwise. My speakers are Polk RTiA3's.
  9. D

Thank you, I believe I understood your explanation. Yes, I do care about the amp I'm using. I was using the Yamaha RX-397 that I mentioned before, but after that stopped working I bought that cheap Lepy one. However, it wasn't a long term thing, I would much rather have performing equipment than...
  10. D

Yes, sir, I agree with you. My intention is to upgrade both. What do you mean by more transparent? Could you recommend a simple amplifier for me? (I only need a single analog stereo input + output)
  11. D

Thank you both for the replies. One of you seems to be telling me to stick with the Lepy, and the other suggests an upgrade. I guess what I don't really understand is why the reviewer says that DAC contributions will be insignificant with a 100 dB SINAD amp. Wouldn't that be ideal considering...
  12. D

Hello, audio noob here, so please forgive my ignorance. My old sound card died, so I purchased a Topping D10s to replace it. I took a look at the review here - at the end of it the reviewer says "If your amplifier requires 1 volt to reach its maximum power, your DAC SINAD is between 107 to 110...
Top Bottom