Search results

1. B

Denon AVR-X3800H Review

Happens to all my elac unifi 2.0 speakers too. Yet it doesn't happen when I use elac debut reference bookshelf speaker. Not sure if it's a coaxial or 3 way speaker issue?
  2. B

Denon AVR-X3600H AV Receiver Review

Maybe also check that you are getting firmware updates?
  3. B

Denon AVR-X3600H AV Receiver Review

My shutoff problems seem to have gone away after replacing my belkin surge protected power extension with an even cheaper one from the supermarket. Now it seems to work fine even with insensitive speakers like elac unifi 2.0.
  4. B

Master Thread: Are measurements Everything or Nothing?

If only there was just one speaker model used as a standard everywhere. Maybe then we can finally enjoy the recordings and the processing in peace?
  5. B

Amp Upgrade for KEF R3

So u didn't need ASR after all. Heheh.
  6. B

I want to listen to another set of passive desktop speakers. Maximum 300.00

I've owned polk xt15 used as surround speakers with my elac dbr62 fronts. Polk xt15 is tonally very accurate and flat, perceptibly more so than dbr62 even. While it is heavy for its size, it is still a smallish cabinet and the bass isn't as tactile.
  7. B

I want to listen to another set of passive desktop speakers. Maximum 300.00

Am not the OP. Heheh. But I'm in Singapore where elacs and wharfedales are more reasonably priced.
  8. B

Elac Uni-Fi 2.0 Review (bookshelf speaker)

Maybe the floorstanders UF52 are better?
  9. B

Elac Debut Reference DBR-62 Speaker Review

Congrats. R3 was my dream speaker too. Instead I swopped out my debut reference with unifi 2.0, the poor cousin of your speakers haha.
  10. B

Not expert but I guess with dyn EQ setting, the bass can improve at low volume. I think it's worth the price because I get audyssey xt32 room correction, streaming for spotify, hdmi e-arc for TV/gaming and separate/discreet dual subwoofer inputs. Of course u might be tempted to get even more...
  11. B

Buy a denon avr x3700h with audyssey xt32. Best value with loads of fun and features. Or even cheaper x3600h if still available. But takes up fair bit of space and needs good ventilation or cooling.
  12. B

2.1 Desktop Setup Amp+Subwoofer Recommendations

https://darko.audio/2021/04/my-first-subwoofer-the-elac-sub3030/
  13. B

2.1 Desktop Setup Amp+Subwoofer Recommendations

The elac 3030 has autoEQ. Wonder what and how it does...
  14. B

Speakers too low and too near front wall. Consider getting speaker stands to place on each side of tv/console. These are bass capable bookshelf speakers that need some space to 'breathe'. If u can't do any of the above, u have to EQ to reduce bass at your amp or source.
  15. B

I followed audyssey xt32 calibration process and level matched the subwoofers to 75db. Maybe next time I use audyssey i can try setting a lower level for both subwoofers. Could be my listening position is too near the rear wall.
  16. B

I also have a smallish room like yours but mine is rectangular and longer on the left side. I too found speakers sound best with crossover or low pass filter set to 60hz. I guess the usual recommendation of 80hz crossover is more for normal or bigger sized rooms? For my dual subs, i have a svs...
  17. B

End of the audio writers as we know :-)

Also, a scene in iRobot movie... Spooner: "Can a robot write a symphony? Can a robot turn a… canvas into a beautiful masterpiece?" Robot: "Can you?" Spooner: "..." Clearly it is easier to replicate genius or intelligence in machines than in humans.
Top Bottom