Search results

1. R

Apple Music on Denon

I am considering switching from Spotify to Apple for reasona that can be found in the spotify discussion and don't need to be reviewed here. The main feature I am concerned about loosing is spotify connect. I currently have 2 denon AVRs (3500 + 3700) feeding a music + surround system in the...
  2. R

Whole house audio - ceiling speakers for kitchen

We are moving into a new house soon and I am working on some audio options. I want HT/Music in the family room, good music in the living/dining room and background music in the kitchen that is open to the living/dining room I have a 5.1 setup that will be going in the basement family room with...
  3. R

Songs that sound better in in lossless vs compressed streaming

I recently started a trial of amazon HD music to compare to spotify premium that I have been using. I am using HEOS for amazon and connect for spotify both through my Denon X3700. I think I might be able to hear a difference but it is very small in my normal listening. I am looking for...
  4. R

Variability of performance unit to unit vs model to model

While rereading Amir's reivew of the Denon X3700h because I am waiting for mine to arrive I was looking at the comparison to the 3600h. The 2 units tested measure within ~2% of each other so very close. As a mechanical engineer, I know everything has tolerances so this got me thinking if the...
  5. R

Streaming DAC with Sub-out options

Looking to replace an old dying AVR for music and occasional music use with a streaming DAC preamp for a 2.1 system. I have a nice older power amp (B&K ST202) that I plan to use and speakers are NHT classic 2s with a PSA 15" powered sub. Primary source is spotify connect. I am looking at the...
  6. R

Repair or replace humming B&K AVR for mostly music system

I have a B&K ST202 AVR reciever that I use for 95% music 5% movies in a 2.1/3.1 configuration. Speakers are NHT Classic 2 mains, absolute zero center and a PSA 15" sub. I have been happy with this unit but it has a hum both from the unit and from the speakers that has been getting worse, I...
  7. R

Crackling over digital

I recently purchased a dayton wba31 to use as a spotify source into my B&K st202 receiver over optical digital. I am getting a crackling or clicking sound that is present whenever the input is selected. I have tried 2 optical cables, 2 digital inputs and 2 usb power supplies with no...
  8. R

Inexpensive Streaming Box Options

Hi, new member here. I have a decent but older system that I use for 90% music (2.1) 10% movies (3.1) consisting of a B&K AVR202 Receiver, NHT Classic 2 mains, Power sound Audio 15" sub and an extra set of NHT Absolute Zeros that I currently use one of for a center but have used as a second...
Top Bottom