Search results

1. R

Can/Does Audyssey EQ passive subwoofers?

I have a x3700 running 2 passive subs (marty cub DIY) on a inuke amp. The amp can do some eq and has a 20hz high pass filter to prevent the subs from blowing up and let audessy handle the rest. I haven't done a post calibration measurement but it works for me and has more bass than I can use.
  2. R

Small Android Phones

not what you want to hear but I went through this search 4 years ago and ended up with a first gen iphone se (4.0") because small androids didn't exist. The new iphone se coming out this month and the mini will both work with tmobile and are about the smallest available. I am planning to move to...
  3. R

Will you stop using Spotify now? Vote

I don't really care what Joe Rogan says or has on his podcast. I do care that my subscription $ go to him instead of the musicians that I care about. I also don't like the podcasts in the interface, they make it harder to find my music. That said until apple or amazon comes out with a viable...
  4. R

Apple Music on Denon

I have generally been happy with spotify at 320, but the lossess tracks and atmos would be part of the reason to switch. I am not interested in playing apple $200 to replicate a function that is built into the receiver for spotify.
  5. R

Apple Music on Denon

I am considering switching from Spotify to Apple for reasona that can be found in the spotify discussion and don't need to be reviewed here. The main feature I am concerned about loosing is spotify connect. I currently have 2 denon AVRs (3500 + 3700) feeding a music + surround system in the...
  6. R

Is Old Music Killing New Music?

Another take from an old millennial. Streaming makes it easy for me to find new music of the genre and sub genres I like and I don't like anything that would make the billboard charts. The curve of popularity has flattened and the tail is much longer and fatter than it used to be because the...
  7. R

Will you stop using Spotify now? Vote

Recent actions have me considering migrating away from spotify. I have a pair of denon recievers that I use via spotify connect for living room/kitchen and family room in my house. Can I replicate that functionality with Apple music or do I need to have it running through an iphone/ipad then...
  8. R

When 12 Gauge Wire is Not 12 Gauge

Without reading the whole thread any brand recommendations for basic cl2/3 inwall cable for surrounds? Thinking 14/2 and need ~200ft for 4 runs. I was going to buy the monoprice but the amir's results are making me question that choice even though it likely doesn't matter.
  9. R

2.1 Listening recommendations for AVR units.

You can find used denon x3300 and x3400 in that range with audessy xt32. I have been shopping for a similar application and am leaning that direction even though they don't measure as well as the newer 3600/3700
  10. R

Whole house audio - ceiling speakers for kitchen

I have a tabletop and have had speakers in a past kitchen (bookshelves placed on the top of cabinets and much prefer not having anything on the counters. I ordered some used Beales off ebay and will test them out. I like to have music or podcasts on while I cook and clean but this is very much...
  11. R

Best bluetooth headphones?

I have a pair of Valco VMK-20 that I bought when someone here mentioned them. The marketing is a bit cheeky but they sound pretty good to me. I am happy to loan them to Amir for a set of measurements if he has time and people are interested.
  12. R

The beales with integrated ported boxes look really interesting. Do you have the 6 or 8" ones? Looks like there are some on ebay but they are not sold by any standard retailers.
  13. R

Audyssey Room EQ Review

I am looking at buying a second receiver (x3300) with audessy that is missing its mic. Any downside to using the one from my x3700h for calibration? Denon says not to do this but I doubt they are individually calibrating mics and receivers.
  14. R

Denon AVR-X3700H AVR Review

I have a x3700h that I bought last year when prices are lower and am moving to a new house. I want to use my current 3700 for a 5.1 setup in the family room and want to set up a second system driving 2.1 in the living room and 2 in ceiling speakers on zone 2 in the kitchen. This system will be...
  15. R

I have a bluetooth speaker, a tribit maxsound plus. It sounds fine right in front of it but bluetooth means I can only listen in one location and have to have it sitting on the counter. Looking for something that can fill the room more evenly and also allow playback in conjunction with the...
  16. R

We are moving into a new house soon and I am working on some audio options. I want HT/Music in the family room, good music in the living/dining room and background music in the kitchen that is open to the living/dining room I have a 5.1 setup that will be going in the basement family room with...
  17. R

Child safety: Bookshelf speakers on stands vs. tower speakers

when my son was starting to crawl I switched from floorstanders to ceiling mounted bookshelf speakers for this reason. I also added a sub to fill out the bass
  18. R

Audyssey Room EQ Review

Do I have to do this in the app when I upload a curve? I feel my surrounds are way too loud but I like DEQ on the bass at lower listening levels.
  19. R

Cheap alternative to Chromecast Audio?

dayton wba31 might work for you. I tried it and got crackling over toslink and ended buying a new receiver instead. they are ~$40 and have BT, wifi streaming over an app and spotify connect. I have an extra from a warranty replacement I can send Amir if there is interest...
  20. R

Songs that sound better in in lossless vs compressed streaming

I only edited my title as the original post was always spotify vs amazon HD. I would be very interested in measurements showing the differences between the reconstructed signals between different amounts of lossy compression vs lossless but I don't know how you would compare them in an...
Top Bottom