Search results

1. jonmichael

Harman acquires Roon

Me, too.
  2. jonmichael

Harman acquires Roon

I had issues with the original Nucleus. Went back to a dedicated Mac mini. Now, the only issues I seem to have with Roon are user errors.
  3. jonmichael

SMSL SU-8 Bargain

Sorry, it is gone.
  4. jonmichael

SMSL SU-8 Bargain

Sold, thanks
  5. jonmichael

SMSL SU-8 Bargain

I am selling my SU-8 V2, used fewer than 10 hours, with original box, packing, cords, remote, manual. All you need to know about it can be found in the review on this site. Absolutely nothing wrong with this device, but I got a chance to grab a Gungnir MB, so I no longer need the SU-8. It is...
  6. jonmichael

Poll: Do you use a subwoofer? (Explain why/why not)

A pair of SVS sealed (2000s) makes my bookshelf speakers sound better than any towers I have owned at half the space and WAF.
  7. jonmichael

Shitt DAC Lovers/Haters?Can both be right?

I am not in any hurry; thanks for the heads up on the Bifrost 2. I look forward to the testing.
  8. jonmichael

Thanks to you guys for meaningful, beneficial, and thought provoking replies! I am currently running an SU-8 I bought because of Amrin's measurements derived from his tests. Still have interest in the Gungnir, though!
  9. jonmichael

I have been schooled. I suppose I should be grateful for the instruction. Sorry if I offended your sensibilities. Maybe, going forward, you might agree to look at my initial drafts to insure they meet your standards for "meaningful conversation", "beneficial", and "thought provoking" prior to...
  10. jonmichael

I have a desire for a Gungnir MB, but I fear it is just equipment envy, based on what I read here. Yet many users swear by it. Hard to know, easy to make a $1300 mistake. And that's why I love this and other forums.
  11. jonmichael

Those who follow the numbers in Amirm's reviews are not fans of the Schitt line. Those who own a Schitt DAC swear they sound great. Is the truth in the tests? Or the ears? Just trying to stir up a conversation, not a war.
  12. jonmichael

Review and Measurements of Gustard DAC-X26

The numbers look stellar, but has anyone here actually heard this beast in action?
  13. jonmichael

SMSL SU-8 Version 2 Balanced DAC

There is only volume control in the SU-8. What you do with the output volume after it leaves the DAC is dependent on your outboard equipment.
  14. jonmichael

All I can attest to is that the SU8 sounds better -- smoother, a little more refined, and no digital glare -- when compared to the DAC built into my XMC-1 pre/pro (all observations are completely subjective, from my ears to this post). All of my playback is from a Roon Nucleus, which itself...
  15. jonmichael

You could test it, but I doubt if there is real difference. Both are apparently always live whether or not the output is connected. There is no switch, except when you pull the cables out of the device :).
  16. jonmichael

Apparently all outputs from the SU8 are hot at the same time, so the switch could be how you have it connected to an amp. If you can set it up to play both (I can), you could switch back and forth easily.
  17. jonmichael

My Macs are up to date, and the new SU8 shows up as expected. The DOA unit was sent back.
  18. jonmichael

100 hours or so? I’ll be running mine on shuffle for a couple of days to see if I have the same XLR out problem before the return period ends. Thanks for the heads up.
  19. jonmichael

Working with Amazon, it wasn't an "ordeal", just a DOA device. It happens. It has happened to me more than twice. Amazon made it right. Hard to beat that.
Top Bottom