Search results

1. G

Using a Raspberry Pi as equaliser in between an USB source (iPad) and USB DAC

Thank you for your comprehensive reply! Maybe I should have gone for an RPi 5 (again, you need a USB-C splitter for power and an external power supply), but I really liked the form factor and feature set of the Rock Pi S. But I don't think Radxa has made it easy for their customers either, as...
  2. G

thanks for your response! It actually works, but only in UAC1 mode without further configuration, right? I am actually able to playback sound from PC, process it with CamillaDSP and forward it on external USB DAC. thanks for your reply! yea, I should have added to this that the Rock Pi S...
  3. G

@IAtaman it would really be nice if you could post some details of your Rock Pi S installation, configuration and setup :rolleyes: I tried latest Armbian and was able to activate USB OTG with g_audio, but even it was correctly showing up when plugged in PC, it was not working (also CamillaDSP...
  4. G

I am very much interested in such a convenient DSP solution for EQ as well for upsampling use-case. Has the Rock PI S sufficient computing power for upsampling to 705kHz or 768kHz without EQ applied? What about the delay of the processing? Is there a step-b-step guide available for the Rock PI S...
  5. G

Measurements of Gustard P26 Preamplifier

Anyone here notices audible transformer hum once the P26 is turned on (regardless if other devices connected to the inputs/outputs or not)?
  6. G

Eversolo DMP-A6 Streamer Review

Great to hear that this will really be a differentiator! When can we expect the PEQ functionality on the DMP-A6? I would love to have custom EQ presets for different headphones/speakers (similar to the DMP-A8). AutoEQ import would also be a bonus ;)
  7. G

EverSolo DAC-Z8 USB DAC/Headphone Amp measured by Wolf

Even I returned my Z8 already some weeks ago, I am still convinced of that unit! It is as good as any recent well-implemented ESS9038Pro-based DACs and has a good headphone amplifier included (that could even drive my power hungry Aeon 2 Closed very well). The VU is really nice and response...
  8. G

Even there is a USB driver for download (link), it seems not to contain ASIO drivers (uninstalled already them since my system acted strange after installation)
  9. G

With the latest firmware it remembers the volume for headphone and DAC mode separately (you need to plug-in a headphone, than the Z-8 switches to headphone mode and turns off XLR/RCA output). Volume is even stored when powering off and unplug the unit.
  10. G

I ordered a EverSolo DAC-Z8 even Wolf's measurements showed a mild ESS-hump and received the unit yesterday. Everything really works quite good right out of the box with a really nice and snappy GUI and a functional remote control. There was even a firmware update released today that did already...
  11. G

SMSL SU-10 - the next "best" DAC coming soon!?

Seems the SMSL SU-10 with dual ESS9038Pro will be released soon and might give the current top DAC list a serious competition again. @WolfX-700 already measured it on his site - looks promising!
  12. G

DAC + head amp (in one box) for desk setup with headphones only (no loudspeakers)

I did not have to install any additional driver on Windows 10, so I assume the same for Windows 11.
  13. G

DAC + head amp (in one box) for desk setup with headphones only (no loudspeakers)

I got the V226 for about 4 month now and use it regularly round-robin with my other amps. I bought it because of the new more compact case of the new V22x model line and in addition it had a 4.4mm Pentaconn output and nice flip-switches on the front. I had the V281 Final Edition in the past (but...
  14. G

As I have the V226 myself I can recommend it according to your given criterias (especially service and support from Violectric/Fried Reim are great - at least here in Germany), but I guess the DAC and amp part will not measure as great as the Topping DX7 Pro+(more like the precedessor Violectric...
  15. G

AOSHIDA SMSL C200 Review (DAC & Amp)

The used ESS9038Q2M DAC chip is already capable of outputting a differential current mode signal for left and right channel (you can take a look at the datasheet). With using two DAC chips you could process each channel in mono mode which might have better dynamic range (but even the datasheet...
  16. G

AOSHIDA SMSL C200 Review (DAC & Amp)

Even this shows the schematic for the ES9038PRO, the ES9038Q2M also supports custom filters already up to 128 coefficients/taps (the ES9038PRO up to 256 coefficients), just need to load it to the registers see page 25 of datasheet. So the implementers/product designers could already implement...
  17. G

Does a 4 million taps FIR filter sound better than a 16K one? Let's find out.

with the risk of getting even more off-topic;): for my understanding the constant(or minimum for all frequencies) delay induced by the filter design/choice is integral part of the transfer function (no matter if its linear phase or not) and therefore a characteristic expressed by the (variable)...
  18. G

Topping DX7 Pro+

...if these are the final specs, it is rather interesting that the DX7Pro+ seems to have a single-ended amplication design (4-pin XLR only for convenience) rather than balanced as the original DX7Pro (840mW SE vs. 1700mW BL @32Ω). So the DX7Pro+ is more like a DX5+ in bigger case :cool: Edit...
  19. G

Gustard X26Pro Review (Balanced High-end DAC)

Sorry, I don’t see anything wrong with the reaction of Hifigo, since everything is written in their Warranty & Refund Policy section on the homepage and you should have checked upfront BEFORE you placed an order from a shop overseas. For a Chinese shop, Hifigo still has the most responsive...
Top Bottom