Search results

1. M

Paradigm Millenia LP 2 Review & Measurements

I had been looking for a low-profile center channel for a while. The Kef T301c was very disappointing, though the Revel C10 looks good--it's simply deeper than I was targeting. The Paradigm Millenia LP 2 retails for $549. The speaker is solid feeling and only 1.75" deep. It has the...
  2. M

JBL Control X Wireless Measurements & Review

The passive version of this speaker was measured and reviewed here: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/jbl-control-x-review-indoor-outdoor-speaker.24852/ I noticed JBL made a wireless version of this speaker and thought it would be interesting to measure. It is now...
  3. M

Blind Listening Test 2: Neumann KH 80 vs JBL 305p MkII vs Edifier R1280T vs RCF Arya Pro5

Shortly after completing the first blind listening test, @Inverse_Laplace and I started thinking about all the ways we’d like to improve the rigor and explore other questions. Written summary follows, but here is a video if you prefer that medium: Speakers (calculated preference score in...
  4. M

Revel In-Wall and Multi-Sub Optimized (MSO) Listening Room Build

A while back I set out to put the best sound possible (at resonable cost) into our small den. Being only 11’ by 11’, there really isn’t room for a bunch of home theater, audio equipment, or speakers. But I still wanted great sound. Design Targets: Slim mount 65’ TV In-wall speakers 2 hidden...
  5. M

Speaker Blind Listening Test Part 2 Planning

@Inverse_Laplace and I will be conducting a second blind listening test. If you missed the original results you can read about the blind listening test here: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/four-speaker-blind-listening-test-results-kef-jbl-revel-osd.25818/ We are...
  6. M

Measurements of Three Wireless Transmitters (SVS SoundPath, Dynasty ProAudio, iFinity Wireless)

I purchased three stereo wireless audio transmitters and tested their frequency response, distortion, channel matching, and delay. The results are below. I utilized the Motu M2 audio interface and REW to take these measurements. I used REW’s soundcard calibration on the M2 before taking these...
  7. M

Four Speaker Blind Listening Test Results (Kef, JBL, Revel, OSD)

After finishing @Floyd Toole 's The Acoustics and Psychoacoustics of Loudspeakers and Rooms, I became interested in conducting a blind listening test. With the help of a similarly minded friend, we put together a test and ran 12 people through it. I’ll describe our procedures and the results...
Top Bottom