Search results

1. M

Revel W553L Measurements (In-wall Speaker)

You can search the spinorama website for the EQs here: https://www.spinorama.org/eqs.html?sort=date&reverse=false&search=W553 A speaker with good directivity and anechoic data can definitely have EQ applied based on that. But give it an AB test with your ears to see if it helps or hurts.
  2. M

Klark Teknik Air Link Wireless System Review and Measurements

Did you happen to test latency? I tested three other wireless transmitters and found a huge range in latency. I see the spec is 14.
  3. M

MINIBOSS DAC For PI ZERO Review

Except, I'm the one that sent it to him. It's a Pi Zero 2W. He just had the info wrong.
  4. M

MINIBOSS DAC For PI ZERO Review

It was a zero 2W he tested.
  5. M

Paradigm Millenia LP 2 Review & Measurements

I had been looking for a low-profile center channel for a while. The Kef T301c was very disappointing, though the Revel C10 looks good--it's simply deeper than I was targeting. The Paradigm Millenia LP 2 retails for $549. The speaker is solid feeling and only 1.75" deep. It has the...
  6. M

JBL Control X Wireless Measurements & Review

Keep in mind, that is what JBL named the speaker. Also, not all “active” speakers support wireless transmission (Bluetooth/WiFi). But all wireless speakers are “active”.
  7. M

@MZKM is the attached data correct to calculate a preference score, and would you be willing?
  8. M

The passive version of this speaker was measured and reviewed here: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/jbl-control-x-review-indoor-outdoor-speaker.24852/ I noticed JBL made a wireless version of this speaker and thought it would be interesting to measure. It is now...
  9. M

Amir's 2023 Pacific Audio Fest Report Day 2

Easily my favorite of the show. The bass output down to 20hz from two speakers that size was astounding.
  10. M

AKG N700nc m2 Measurements

Umm. Center frequency is 5.5k. That is what I wrote. My original post was incorrect. I couldn’t remember.
  11. M

The headphones arrived today and I tested a few of the open questions. This matches what @CedarX described: Wired + Powered = DSP Active / No EQ Active Wired w/ Power = Passive headphones (duh) BT = DSP Active + EQ based on app (was flat for test) My custom EQ was +4dB, center frequency 5500...
  12. M

Please don't read anything into that graph. The way it renders it is bananas. It is probably a 3db lift if that. I frankly can't remember the center frequency. I can't look it up until I have the headphones.
  13. M

Different headphones, but same app: when you drag the points around you see exact dB adjustment and frequency of the point. When you make a really narrow Q it renders it funny.
  14. M

The UI draws it really weird. In the edit mode it is less strange. It is a shelf about 200hz to bring down the bass a bit and I want to say the other one is up around 8k. I based it off existing measurements and some A/B testing. It is easy to turn the EQ on and off and listen to the impact...
  15. M

Just some input as these are mine. The DSP is active when powered in wired mode. I'm 99.9% certain, and can double check it when they get back. They have an app with headphone stored EQ. The UI isn't great, but you can dial in a correction and save it to the headphones and it works across BT...
  16. M

Pacific Audio Fest 2023

I was thinking of going Saturday. @alont what day are you going? @amirm are you still planning to attend? Would enjoy meeting up. There are exactly two vendors I am interested in, but would enjoy chatting with some of you all.
  17. M

Understanding Speaker Measurements (Video)

Have you ever taken a speaker like this, made the DSP corrections and then measured it again with the NFS?
  18. M

Blind Listening Test 2: Neumann KH 80 vs JBL 305p MkII vs Edifier R1280T vs RCF Arya Pro5

I'll start off with mentioning again that we did not have a large enough sample size to achieve statistical significance. What I'm reading from this comment is that you don't personally like the JBL 305p MkII and so this result is causing you cognitive dissonance. In the video content, I...
  19. M

Blind Listening Test 2: Neumann KH 80 vs JBL 305p MkII vs Edifier R1280T vs RCF Arya Pro5

@Floyd Toole thank you for continuing to weigh in on this discussion (as well as all the research over the years!) I was wondering if you know if tests that only contained very well performing speakers were conducted? If this was covered in the book and I've forgotten, I apologize. I'm...
Top Bottom