Search results

1. Clavius

End Game DIY Loudspeakers

There’s some pretty savvy people out there in the DIY world that have built MEH:s that IMO outperform pretty much everything in the commercial realm as well as some systems that impressed me more than anything store bought by a multinational market driven company.
  2. Clavius

It's a BMS* driver so pretty much available as DIY, this sample is not 'made to order'. I actually have no idea if IM data is available where we measure. Klippel has the SIM module for this and we've never used it or asked if available in the lab. XO to CD is at 1.1k so operating range of cone...
  3. Clavius

My humble contribution; Commercial project but started out as DIY. Measurements taken at Seas using Klippel by Håvard Sollien R&D manager, active speaker w FIR DSP. This is a proof of concept set using a 12" coax, I will follow up with actual Klippel printout as soon as we've finished r&d...
  4. Clavius

CHORD M-Scaler Review (Upsampler)

I humbly propose this as the first winner of a “ASR Nothing Burger of the Year” award!
  5. Clavius

You can add data but you cannot add information, people tend to get flummoxed about the significance of the difference. If you could simply improve the quality, as in increasing information content, of digital data by upsampling you would have no problem in recreating incomplete dna data...
  6. Clavius

This is not a question of tech though, it’s even beyond objective vs subjective, it’s a question of logic. Information lost is lost forever, that’s really the gist of what people here are saying. Even if we disregard this fact, when I’m looking at your argument using the complexity of a music...
  7. Clavius

Crazy PA Coaxials for Hifi

Yes, a gentler approach with passive than with active helped a lot.
  8. Clavius

For the sake of completeness, here are the results of the passive filter:
  9. Clavius

A low xmax 5” in an MTM w a dome is a different bowl of wax from a 10-12” pro coax driver with a cd though.
  10. Clavius

A 15” crossed over to a BMS 4592ND on a really good horn at around 600ish would make for a very nice package but it will come with a form factor that will limit it’s appeal. A coax CD:s like the 4592 definitely needs time alignment to sound right though.
  11. Clavius

Not exactly smooth, no..;) It should be noted that this is on an earlier baffle than the one I posted previously, and it has some diffraction problems due to how the driver was mounted. This one shows the response optimized to 10 degrees btwy. There are also some user errors (by me) done when...
  12. Clavius

I do but can’t share too much at this point, sorry fellow shareholders and all that☺️. What I can tell you is that that it’s a passive cardioid and the bass is an aperiodic vent design. We will be joined up with the Klippel after summer vacations, hope to be able to share final active and...
  13. Clavius

Yes, that’s exactly what we’re doing. You can pretty much forget on-axis resp for most coaxes. There is also a problem with pinched directivity at 2.5k-3k that is being looked into. The real challenge is the passive filter though, unfortunately we need that because of commercial demand.
  14. Clavius

As you can see from the attached the VCad simulation based on the 0-90 degree measurements in the chamber, the CD is in need of some intense therapy. I had to use all 15 biquads in the available Hypex filters in the simulator. We are using FIR filters irl but I’m thinking a few of you guys like...
  15. Clavius

I should add it’s a commercial project. Pretty sure Sigberg will recognize the chamber :D.
  16. Clavius

These have been measured using Klippel in an anechoic chamber, working on the passive crossover now. I believe the section through the BMS driver came from me, it was sent to me by a BMS engineer in order to establish the time delay required for the cd and published on DIY Audio. (I can tell...
  17. Clavius

Good German Hifi ?!

Braun was a great brand in the 60s-70s when Dieter Rams ran the show; those designs is what inspired Jony Ive and they command high prices at auction. That later black plastic stuff not so much.
  18. Clavius

MQA Deep Dive - I published music on tidal to test MQA

Yeah... so glorifying tech that is proven beyond all reasonable doubt to contain fake and misleading claims is pure happenstance, or it falls under s#it happens, or..
  19. Clavius

I would like to put it to you sir that you idea of 'elegance' in engineering is quite different from mine, and I suspect a few others here. Thanks for reminding me why I stopped reading your magazine a couple of decades ago though.
  20. Clavius

I just can’t help seeing a correlation to another highly regarded industry leader with impeccable credentials, the chairman of NASDAQ, on the board of directors National Association of Securities Dealers (NASD) etc, etc. He was also a prominent practitioner of new trading trading practices and...
Top Bottom