Search results

1. B

Truthear x Crinacle Zero:RED IEM Review

It's a bit costly but the Spinfit cp155 eartips really transformed the comfort of this set for me. It went from "I wonder if I'll last an album" to gaming for multiple hours with them.
  2. B

Apollon NCx500ST Stereo Amplifier Review

This seems incredibly solid and a ton of power if required. The pricing (even including VAT) seems more than reasonable, especially considering that it's EU made so you have some sort of customer protection laws there. Good job to the Apollon team. Thanks for taking the time to measure it Amir...
  3. B

Truthear x Crinacle Zero:RED IEM Review

For anybody else like me who is lazy, here's the filters: It's a subtle improvement but I like it. Bass is maybe a little much on some tracks for me. I'm using the Spinfit CP155 tips with this set and it made it immensely more comfortable. If anyone is having issues with fit then I'd...
  4. B

Neumann KH120 II Monitor Review

3 people voted this “not terrible” at the time of writing this reply. People really are strange online eh? This is nigh on perfection in a small monitor format and I would love to hear it one day. Thanks for the review Amir!
  5. B

AUDIOPHONICS MPA-S250NC Amp Review

Honestly if you A/B'd them to me at a reasonable volume I'd probably not be able to discern much, or any, difference between the two. What it did allow was for me to push the speakers a bit louder without having to worry about 'stressing out' the Denon amps when watching movies at louder...
  6. B

How do you mod the powerlight? I just stuck black tape over mine.
  7. B

I have had one of these since January 2021 hooked up to my Denon AVR-X3600 to drive the front L+R speakers (Elac DBR62), in bypass mode, allowing the Denon to focus on the centre, subwoofer, and rear surrounds. Absolutely great compact unit, no faults, and sounds really nice. As Amir mentioned...
  8. B

Topping L70 Headphone Amp Review

Where was the "new" firmware? I don't see it on topping's site.
  9. B

1More Sonoflow NC Headphone Review

$80 for a bluetooth ANC over ear headset with nice (for smaller ears) comfort and good looking? This is a very easy "buy these" recommendation for most people when they get asked about what headphones to buy for cheap. As for the voting, I gave it a fine (happy panther) just due to the fact it...
  10. B

Topping DX3 Pro+ Review (DAC & Headphone Amp)

I'm curious in what way you found it "way better"? Can you elaborate?
  11. B

IEM Low Latency Setup Advice

Heh I tried this. It felt like an unnecessary compromise and I just went back to my over ear headphones.
  12. B

Why would this kind of setup be more advantageous over using the balanced out TRS from M2 to balanced in on L50, using the headphone out and active speakers passthrough on the L50? I'm not sure I'm understanding what I would gain from the setup you described.
  13. B

Fantastic thank you. It seems that the motu m2 with TRS out to a Topping L50 would be sufficient. I have been looking at the Julian Krause review of this and he seemed impressed. So the chain would be: - PC USB out to Motu M2 - XLR microphone to Motu M2 input - Motu M2 TRS out to Topping L50...
  14. B

Thanks, that's probably part of the piece of info that I was missing. How would I determine if the lineout on the audio interface is good enough? (What measurement am I looking for?)
  15. B

Hi all, I'm a little unsure what I'd need for achieving a well measuring audio setup with low mic latency for IEM usage. My current setup is: - Windows 10 as source with voicemeeter pro for EQ - Objective2 + ODAC Headphone Amp -- Driving Sennheiser HD700 headphones, Dunu SA6 IEMs - Blue Yeti...
  16. B

Topping DX5 Review (DAC & HP Amp)

I would also be astonished if it offered anywhere near the performance. The 'audible differences' are there according to the headfonia review which has a few interesting takes: https://www.headfonia.com/burson-playmate-2-review/ I would guess some form of distortion is happening to get that...
  17. B

Audeze LCD-XC Review (Closed-back Headphone)

Amazing distortion levels on this and the frequency response seems great as well, alas I had to vote for “Fine” because comfort is a huge concern for me where I’m wearing headphones for 6-8 hours a day at my desk. I’d rather take something that is “fine” to “good” with some EQ but lighter as I’m...
  18. B

JBL Stage 125C Review (Center Speaker)

Thanks for the review Amir. I saw the first graphs with the uneven response and frequency dip and was giving this the benefit of the doubt. "Maybe it sounds fine for $120" I thought. But as soon as I saw that horizontal directivity I scrolled back up and cast the headless panther vote. Woof...
  19. B

Wharfedale EVO 4.1 Review (Speaker)

Another good review, thanks Amir. I voted headless panther. Nothing really to recommend here (except looks?) over a Revel M105 or Elac DBR62 which are both around the same price range and don't appear to have half as many issues.
  20. B

Topping D30Pro Review (Balanced DAC)

Absolutely! I’m actually in this exact dilemma right now if I decide to upgrade :)
Top Bottom