Search results

1. R

Bluetooth volume adjustments on SMSL D6 DAC

Thanks. If I max out the volume on the Mac (from the keyboard volume button), I've noticed that the bluetooth volume is significantly lower than when I use USB to drive the DAC. I'm wondering if this is expected...
  2. R

Bluetooth volume adjustments on SMSL D6 DAC

Just got this DAC and began streaming music to it via my Mac's bluetooth. This is my first experience with streaming via a bluetooth connection. I was surprised to notice that the volume is much lower than when streaming via USB. (I need to turn the volume up much higher on the DAC as well...
  3. R

Kind of silly question -- where can I find plain white (no writing) 16 AWG speaker cable?

Seems like all the white cable I can find has printing along it. I need to run the cable along a white wall and would prefer to find something without printing.
  4. R

Cheap DAC with bluetooth & USB inputs and 3.5mm output

Thanks. If I decided to forego USB in favor of just bluetooth, would that open up more options?
  5. R

Cheap DAC with bluetooth & USB inputs and 3.5mm output

Title says it all. Looking for a cheap <$50 DAC to drive an integrated amplifier. The plan is to stream music from a computer or phone via bluetooth. The message I've heard repeatedly here is that DAC's at this price point can offer great performance. My searches haven't come up with...
  6. R

Inexpensive DAC only recommendation (with remote-controllable volume and bluetooth)

That looks like it could fit the bill. Thanks. I suppose an alternative would be the Topping DX3 Pro+. $30 more (with a headphone amp). Not sure that any difference in sound would be noticeable for my use case.
  7. R

Inexpensive DAC only recommendation (with remote-controllable volume and bluetooth)

Hi. I'm currently using a Fiio E10 as a DAC as my sole source to my power amp. I stream music from my Chromebook or Mac via USB to the DAC. I would like to cut the cord and use bluetooth instead of the USB. It would also be extremely convenient to have a remote where I could control volume...
  8. R

Simple Bluetooth Receiver with USB output

I stream music from my Mac and from my Chromebook to my audio system. Currently this requires a wired USB connection between the computer and a Fiio DAC. I'd like to eliminate the need for the USB cable by transmitting streamed music via the computer's built-in bluetooth transmitter to a...
  9. R

Will I notice improved sound quality by upgrading from Fiio E10K DAC to Topping E30?

The Topping E30 DAC was received with great enthusiasm on this forum. I've read that the choice of DAC often does not noticeably affect sound quality. I wonder if that would be true even for the old Fiio E10K DAC (using the line out to access the DAC output) I have been using. Would these two...
  10. R

Better results with bookshelf speakers at the "wrong" height -- is my mind messing with me?

I recently purchased a pair of Triangle Borea BR03 speakers and have had them on old 28" stands. This put my ear level with the bottom of the woofer. I like the speakers. I've read that these stands are too tall. So, I bought a pair of 24" stands (which puts the very top of the woofer at ear...
  11. R

Will filling my speaker stands really improve sound?

Yes, my knuckle produced quite a chime. Baking soda would be too messy and I'd wonder if rice would attract bugs. Would something like steel shot or gravel be OK?
  12. R

Will filling my speaker stands really improve sound?

Just bought a pair of monoprice monolinth stands for my Triangle Borea BR03 speakers. The stands are heavy and well-built. Am I likely to get noticeably improved sound quality if I fill the stands? If so, I think sand would be too messy. If heard about people using steel shot or aquarium gravel...
  13. R

Can the Emotiva A-100 do a reasonable job with Elac Uni-Fi UB5?

Thanks for these. I hadn't realized the extent of the high end roll-off of the Elac. I'm in the US, and they are currently available for $300. Seems worth trying them out at least.
  14. R

I'm curious what to expect with these speakers compared to the Triangles. I've heard them described as HD650-like as well as super-forward (which surprises me).
  15. R

This amp is rated at 80W for 4 ohms. Given the steep discount for the Elacs, I'm tempted to compare these with my Triangle Borea BR03's. I live in an apartment, so I don't listen to loud music. While I recognize that many here would discourage this pairing since I won't be able to take full...
  16. R

Amplifier Pairing for Triangle Borea BR03 Speakers

No. But they suggested that I pre-order. My concern would be that the amp arrives after the return window for the Emotiva A-100.
  17. R

The site says 1-4 weeks.... They said there's been a lot of demand for these amps.
  18. R

Returning to the original theme, I emailed audiophonics. Those amps are currently on back order. I wonder if there's a comparable alternative? Would the Emotiva A-300 make sense here? And again, should I expect a noticeable sound improvement with a different amplifier over the Emotiva A-100...
  19. R

Thanks again for all the responses. Just to be clear, should I expect a noticeable improvement in sound quality with the AUDIOPHONICS MPA-S125NC amp compared to the Emotiva A-100 (50W @ 8ohms, 80W @ 4ohms) given my low volume listening habits? @franspambot , @Willem, @Rja4000 , @Chromatischism
Top Bottom