Search results

1. Blew

RPi4 + CamillaDSP Tutorial

Thanks for replying and apologies for my own lateness! Yes you are correct about the folder names. I did this while upgrading from v1 to v2. I moved my v1 intact to /opt/camilladsp/camilladsp-v1 so I could roll back if necessary. The camilladsp user's home dir is /opt/camilladsp Thanks! I...
  2. Blew

You should be able to do this in asound.conf, but it means that audio passes through the ALSA mixer and resampler which isn't the best quality.
  3. Blew

Yes the config is marked as active. This worked! Thanks for this.
  4. Blew

Thanks for this. I've now upgraded to CamillaDSP V2 and it's working well. However, I can't get your flirc script to switch input configs via the remote. The other controls work but not switch configs. This is the output when running the script on the command line. I see the same output in...
  5. Blew

Just a note to say that I finally got around to setting up flirc on my pi4 running Debian, which means the process is slightly different. The user running the python script (in my case "camilladsp") needs to be added to the "input" group before the script can interact with flirc: sudo usermod -a...
  6. Blew

Topping DFU?

Is this the case for USB 2.0 devices connected to USB 3.0 ports? As I understand it, the USB 3.0 noise is related to the higher bandwidth of USB 3.0.
  7. Blew

Dirac Live standalone for PC and Mac

Doesn't that depend on the reconstruction filter in the DAC?
  8. Blew

New headphones next to HD599

Thanks, I've just learned what HRTF is! How are the 599 drivers angled? That's interesting. Does that affect specific head shapes? After reading this I tried moving the cans around my ears but it didn't seem to affect the sound much, definitely nowhere near as much as the difference between the...
  9. Blew

New headphones next to HD599

How did you like the HD660S? I have both the 599SE and 660S. and find the 660S is leagues better in frequency response. Applying the Oratory1990 Harman curve EQ makes them even better. The main issue I have is they are incredibly unforgiving of poorly mastered music, which makes listening to...
  10. Blew

Sennheiser HD660S Review (Headphone)

Where have they mentioned that? By "clarity" I mean they are extremely detailed. I'm not referring to tonality or frequency response linearity. They are mercilessly revealing, so they sound fantastic when playing well produced tracks but can sound terrible when playing poorly produced music...
  11. Blew

When I auditioned them both I found the 660S had far more clarity than the 600. The 600 sounded more muffled by comparison.
  12. Blew

I notice you're using the EX5 with HD660S. Interested to know your thoughts on that combination, because my experience wasn't good at all. How does it compare to listening on the D50s/A50s combination?
  13. Blew

I really love the HD660S, but found they need decent amplification power for them to shine. They don't sound great when they are underpowered. Despite the lower impedance, I think they really should be considered in the same category as the HD650 in amplification power requirements. I much...
  14. Blew

Motu M4 Audio Interface Review

How can we tell if it is?
  15. Blew

Motu M4 Audio Interface Review

That's when using Roon to control the DSP volume. Has anyone done similar measurements of the volume knob on the M4?
  16. Blew

[POLL] Hi-res music

If you're not using WASAPI exclusive mode (or ASIO) then Windows resamples and mixes the audio regardless of the sample rate. If this is what you mean by Amazon's exclusive mode then it should sound better, not worse!
  17. Blew

[POLL] Hi-res music

I find it's easier to notice the difference between hi-res and 16/44 Redbook when playing on a poor quality DAC that doesn't have a great filter. I dare suspect that most members here are using pretty decent DACs with good filters and oversampling when comparing differences in hi-res audio...
  18. Blew

Using a Raspberry Pi as equaliser in between an USB source (iPad) and USB DAC

Wow, interesting! How much power does it draw on its own then? Many DACs that can be powered via the USB data cable need to use the full 500mA that the USB standard specifies as a minimum. What does System Information say about USB power draw when you're powering both the Rock Pi and DAC on...
  19. Blew

Fosi Audio TB10D Amplifier Review

Absolutely. I typically only have it at around 1/4 volume when feeding it with 2v from the Chromecast Audio. It does feel quite hot though, which is surprising for a class D amp.
  20. Blew

Fosi Audio TB10D Amplifier Review

I received my TB10D amp and tested with a pair of Panasonic 12W outdoor speakers. They aren't audiophile quality speakers by any means, but this amp makes them sound great for what they are. It delivers far more power than the speakers need but it allows me to upgrade the speakers later. I've...
Top Bottom