Search results

1. G

Torn: Focal Elegia vs. Dan Clark Audio Aeon Closed X/RT

I can't be of much help, but I recently had the same dilemma between Focal Radiance or Elegia, DCA Aeon 2 Noire, Audeze LCD2C. Maybe you want to consider the Radiance too? I went for the DCA Aeon 2 Noire based on hours of research and reading from ASR, SBAF, HeadFi, YouTube, Reddit, tons of...
  2. G

Dan Clark Audio AEON RT Review (closed headphone)

So I'm taking a dive into this world and decided to pull the trigger on an Aeon 2 Noire. With all the feedback, seeing even Dan Clark in the forum, reading the stories about how great these are and the amazing support from DCA made it a no-brainer purchase. They should be arriving in 3-4 weeks...
  3. G

adding VU-meters in the audio chain?

If it helps, I got these off TaoBao and they actually seem to be the same meters in those little bear douk. https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z09.2.0.0.61632e8dchb3cZ&id=38286868276&_u=d2099jdhn4513c Not sure what software you're using to test but this VU meter set (2 VU meters plus board...
  4. G

adding VU-meters in the audio chain?

There's ready made boxed VU meter with parallel RCA input/output for about 25-40USD. You can also buy them individually, they take 5v-12v for power. I got a kit that comes with 2 VU meters and a board for Left-Right metering, controlling the brightness, and the amplitude of each VU meter...
  5. G

Sony NW-A105 Digital Audio Player Review

For me the reason why I went with DAP instead of a phone: -The physical controls and size. Size might only apply for certain DAPs but this is what attracted me the most. Also it might be a bit old school but putting a small DAP like Sony's on a belt holster with the music play back controls...
  6. G

Sony NW-A105 Digital Audio Player Review

I just registered to this forum to say that the NW-A100 (A100 series) / ZX-500 (ZX-507) series are absolute garbage for the price you pay. Over the lower tier A series like the A40 and A50, you lose: -Sound enhancements/features/options that are no longer there or are not customizable...
Top Bottom