Search results

1. Todd k

Working too hard can give you a Heart Attack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack... My Heart Attack Story.

Thank you so much for your story and also so very glad you are still with us. I very much enjoy reading your post and I think you do a wonderful job of cat herding this group. Funny last week I went thru the full cardiologist battery of test. Not because I was having issues but I just turned 65...
  2. Todd k

Tekton M-Lore Speaker Review

15 members or more $100 per. Boom. I will do it in the spirit of this awesome site an it’s members.
  3. Todd k

I’m in on the fund to buy something from tecnoid for Amir to test
  4. Todd k

Legal fund for Reviewers/Erin?

I wonder how tecton was received at Axpona. Gonna bet that room was a little lonely, an Erin stayed off that floor. Obviously EA will have a hard time recovering his lost business over his awful behavior toward Erin an Amir. Can’t wait to hear what the scuttlebutt was among the exhibitors and...
  5. Todd k

Fat f ing chance. Bet that room is pretty lonely.
  6. Todd k

Would love to be a fly on the wall at tekton exhibition space at Axpona . I bet Mr A will get avoided like the plague.
  7. Todd k

Do you refer to yourself as an 'audiophile'?

I voted no then read the whole thread. I guess I am now a confused audiophile!
  8. Todd k

How Many Inches?

with my salon 2’s I have 4 15” subs. I have a 24‘ x 18’ room with cathedral ceiling. I like my bass.
  9. Todd k

OK, what are you guys buying yourselves for Christmas?

Bluetooth boombox on my little bass fishing boat
  10. Todd k

OK, what are you guys buying yourselves for Christmas?

More fishing gear less audio gear. I find fishing very relaxing especially with good tunes.
  11. Todd k

Poll: Audio Science Review in the World (2024)

My hometown
  12. Todd k

Poll: Audio Science Review in the World (2024)

On the beach in South Carolina
  13. Todd k

What are the three most expensive audio purchases you've made? How would you do you see them now post hoc?

Oh I forgot about my LKS 005 dac I bought and sent to Amir about a year ago that he reviewed. It got panned for some dodgey specs. That one was a bad investment, fortunately the seller did take it back. Been buying gear since the early eighties a probably have forgotten half the crap I bought...
  14. Todd k

What are the three most expensive audio purchases you've made? How would you do you see them now post hoc?

most expensive. Used salon 2’s $9000. 3 years ago. Best money I have ever spent . Bought a Bryston 14 bsst about 20 years ago for i think 4500, still have it. Have switched over to buckeye amps. Easier to move. Before my salons I bought a pair of Tyler acoustic signature linnbrook 2 pc speakers...
  15. Todd k

A Call For Humor!

Like I said Kentucky’s finest
  16. Todd k

A Call For Humor!

Kentuckys finest. Born there, glad I left 42 years ago.
  17. Todd k

A Call For Humor!

speaking of “falling off the back of the truck” way back in the I think late 90’s I bought a used pass lab 150.5 on eBay from a guy in AZ. Showed up just fine a worked as new. Several years later had an issue a called pass lab about service. An older gentleman answered the phone an was quite...
  18. Todd k

Cable Burn-In - Myth or Fact?

wow. This ought to be a fun thread. Getting popcorn ready.
  19. Todd k

Rugs

The roomba is unfortunately floor bound. Two rows of architectural tack strip at the top (Floorcovering tack strip used in heavy duty commercial installs, I owned a Floorcovering store for 40 years) a very talented carpet installer with me as his helper. That rug is very thick about 1 1/2” and...
  20. Todd k

Rugs

This 8’ x 10’ heavy thick wool rug helped immensely to tame my rather large side wall. It also looks very cool. It was a monster to hang though.
Top Bottom