Search results

1. N

Kali Audio LP-UNF

They are shockingly ugly. And I tend to like the look of the other Kali monitors
  2. N

Adam T5V Review (Studio Monitor)

The T5V's are listed as having a depth of 297mm, is this just the speaker box itself or does that include the volume knob that protrudes from plate amp at the back? Can someone measure the box from the front to the back for me?
  3. N

Thomann/Swissonic A306 - Review & Measurements by Erin

Really excellent compression/distortion figures for the price
  4. N

Desktop Nearfield Speakers £1k budget

You can get a pair of Genelec 8030c's for £1k
  5. N

Advice on upgrading from QAcoustic M20HD and REL t7x for desktop nearfield

Does the sub out of the M20 apply any high pass filtering? Half of the benefit of using a sub is relieving the mains from bass duties, which will aid in improving sound quality
  6. N

Edifier MR4 + Sub vs Speaker Upgrade

The simplest path is probably an Edifier T5 or Monoprice's 8 inch Monolith
  7. N

2.1 System with deep subwoofer for 500 - 700 USD

A used SB1000 sounds perfect if you've already heard it and approve, it also has high passed outputs so you won't need an additional crossover
  8. N

For neumann kh150 with subwoofer, is rythmik l12 good or svs sb1000pro suitable?

Even Neumann themselves suggest a single KH 750 is insufficient for a pair of KH150's. It doesn't necessarily have to have anything to do with extremely loud volumes either, as that entirely depends on listening distance. I don't really see it as spoiling the system, how can choosing a superior...
  9. N

For neumann kh150 with subwoofer, is rythmik l12 good or svs sb1000pro suitable?

Generally better means more output and less distortion? Afaik the 750DSP has a 4th order 80hz high pass filter just like almost every other studio subwoofer, there's nothing special about the way it blends with other Neumann monitors. It has a flat response which is nice, but that is irrelevant...
  10. N

I don't think there are CEA-2010 numbers of the Rythmik L12 to directly compare distortion numbers and such, but they're both similarly sized 12 inch sealed boxes with ~300W amplification, there's probably very little real world difference. I think it's better to focus on cost, which one has the...
  11. N

If you have other means of implementing bass management then either of those options are good and generally better than the Neumanns own KH750
  12. N

Suggest a budget sub!

I think BK ship to most of Europe? You could get either an XLS300 (previously XLS200), XXLS400 or P12-300SB for your budget.
  13. N

Near field Active speaker below 500€

Adam T5V/Kali LP-6 v2 or BX8 D3 if space allows.
  14. N

Share your in-room measurements?

Nearfield/PC Desktop setup with iLoud Micro Monitors + ADAM T10S Sub under the desk at the 120 Hz XO setting. Some EQ below 600Hz and a HPF at ~2Khz to bring down the highs slightly due to non-ideal placement. I don't find it too bright at the current setting.
  15. N

Fostex PM.03 Active Speaker Review

Any reason you can't just EQ it out?
  16. N

Is there any better of Neumann KH150 + 2x KH750 at this price range?

You can do much better than Neumann subs if you don't need to use MA1 and are willing to use a device such as a miniDSP for high passing. For example the Arendal 1961s or SB2000 Pro would both run circles around a KH 750 and are cheaper in Europe .
  17. N

Subwoofer Comparison

I'm more surprised by the variable high pass filter knob giving you a 24db/octave slope anywhere from 30-250hz. I wish more subwoofer manufacturers did this
  18. N

Neumann KH 150 Monitor Review

Yeah but EQ is the only reason it measures that low and it isn't meaningful in any way beyond looking nice on a graph. I compared the KH750 to a BK XLS200 a couple years ago when I was picking a sub for my KH 80's and the difference was basically nothing. The XLS200 is even smaller and costs...
  19. N

Neumann KH120 II

Most studio subwoofers but especially Neumann and Genelec ones are a complete joke for the asking price, that's why.
  20. N

M-Audio BX8 D3 Monitor Review

Currently £104 per unit on Amazon (UK). Ridiculous value.
Top Bottom