Search results

1. K

Topping e30 dead - Upgrade to?

I like that built in power supply!....and its got bluetooth!
  2. K

Hold those thoughts. A bit more googling answered most of my questions. I'll put them here if anyone looks or would like to add. Soundwise DACs seem to have been figured out. Upgrading might add features/finish/reliability. Likewise for Headphone amps. The L30 will drive alot of headphones and...
  3. K

Looks like my E30 is dead. E - d error. Its out of warrentee and is too expensive to send back. Currently its paired with a Topping L30 and used with 6xx and takstar HF 580 planars. Im wanting to look for an upgrade path that would work with that. Thinking of replacing the E30 with a Schiit...
  4. K

Topping E30 DAC Review

It seems to be an option for me.
  5. K

Iphone to topping e30

Yeah. The pc doesnt see it.
  6. K

Iphone to topping e30

Got it but still not working. I suspect the dacs usb is dodgy. Not working with iphone, android connected with otg or directly connected to a laptop. Going to try the optical and coaxial today.
  7. K

Topping E30 DAC Review

yes. In the search box click the “everywhere” button. Brings up search options.
  8. K

Topping E30 DAC Review

Looks like I may have a dud dac. I’ve tried both the original and the new USB 3 camera adaptor with the iPhone, pc laptop directly connected, USB c - USB otg with android and multiple USB a to USB cables from these to the e30 and I get the USB err error on all. Prob spent more on adaptors than...
  9. K

Iphone to topping e30

Hasn't arrived yet. Itching to get it going. Might look into the R Pi route. I like tinkering!
  10. K

Iphone to topping e30

It may be that the older version of the Apple camera adaptor was the issue. I’m getting the USB 3 version today. I’ll let you know how it goes.
  11. K

Topping E30 DAC Review

Thanks for taking the time. Much appreciated. Ill give the usb 3 version a go.
  12. K

Topping E30 DAC Review

Anyone got the e30 working with an iPhone? I have a iPhone XR with an original Apple camera adaptor (not usb3) and I’m getting the err error when trying to connect. Setting I’ve missed?
  13. K

Iphone to topping e30

Hmmm. Now its not working. Not even getting the 44.1 indicator. Strange. Also stopped working on the tablet. Might have to try some of the app solutions mentioned.
  14. K

One more headphone desktop setup thread

That’s what true wireless is for. I can’t handle cables if I’m on the move. I’m also generally not really listening, at least not in the same way as when I take time to really enjoy the music.
  15. K

Iphone to topping e30

It looks like it works with the apple camera adaptor. For some reason know not to me you need to connect the iphone while the dac/amp are turned off. Once connected turn the dac /amp on and away you go....assuming you can get the janky l30 power adaptor to stay balanced. Sounds great!
  16. K

Yes and yes. Got it running, Need to finish up my listening station but it's looking good. Whisky is a bonus.
  17. K

Iphone to topping e30

I have just got my topping e30/l30 and im looking at source options, one of which is my iphone xr. I have a apple camera adaptor thats connetected to the supplied usb cable but getting no sound. Trying to stream spotify and tidal. The e30 does briefly flash 44.1 on connention. Thoughts?
  18. K

Ah. I Have a USB-C to USB-A adaptor floating about somewhere.
  19. K

Thanks. Will get myself a USB-C to USB-B cable. Odd the topping uses USB-B. I assume there is a good reason for that.
  20. K

Totally agree re ASR. Amazing resource! USB Audio Player pro looks great. I don't think Qobuz is available in nz. Might be time to look at Tidal. Do you use your phone through its jack or usbc? I've been wondering about that connection to the Dac
Top Bottom