Search results

1. Saidera

Billie Eilish and Finneas Setup

To clarify, according to this: https://www.soundonsound.com/people/billie-eilish Audio-Technica AT2020 was used for 'Ocean Eyes' previously but Neumann TLM103 was (then) their better option.
  2. Saidera

TempoTec Sonata BHD Pro Portable DAC & Amp Review

In many ways, the TempoTec Sonata BHD Pro is an outstanding product that combines many of the best features of various dongles.
  3. Saidera

Remaining Considerations on DSD

Thank you all for your detailed and insightful responses! It's fascinating to delve into the complexities of audio formats, mastering processes, and the beliefs that can shape these practices. The perspective on how MoFi might have chosen DSD due to its perceived "audiophile" qualities makes a...
  4. Saidera

Transparent DSD DAC/chip

Seems that D300 can't be used to adjust volume when playing DSD? D-6 is a better option also with DSD Direct mode explicitly stated on advertising material. I don't see any customer reviews discussing its DSD playback though...
  5. Saidera

Remaining Considerations on DSD

A few years have passed, and by now I can see that ASR has heaps more DSD threads on top of what was already quite a lot. For me, DSD had ceased to exist once I began to understand it in greater detail thanks to ASR. I also began to realise the benefits of Bluetooth audio, of HE AAC v2 and OPUS...
  6. Saidera

Transparent DSD DAC/chip

I've always wanted to use the Direct DSD pathway of chips, including those from Cirrus Logic. But very few implementations allow it.
  7. Saidera

SONY PCM-R300 DAC measurements

I'm really happy to see folks discussing SBM. I think I looked at SBM Direct in a bit of detail a few years ago, linked to in my description below this post. I guess SBM is a dithering mechanism that has to be used on the final master, and not during the editing process obviously.
  8. Saidera

Sony Walman NW-ZX707 (new product)

I agree that this DAP is feature packed, with impressive features being shared from the higher end models. What's most important is that the walkman continues to show the market how portable audio can be made interesting with features and hardware no other company has really attempted to provide.
  9. Saidera

Edifier MR4 measurements (It's probably been upgraded.)

The days of using Taobao are long gone for Australians. Having warranty and enforceable consumer guarantees is also a good thing, so let's buy locally I really like MR4 and I recommend MR4 for any low-budget casual user who likes mastering or studio prosumer equipment. MR4 is good enough to...
  10. Saidera

Edifier MR4 Review (Budget Monitor)

So these EQ values for Edifier MR4 computed from ErinsAudioCorner data, are they more recommended than the original EQ in the OP?
  11. Saidera

What items have you purchased as a result of ASR?

Apple USB-C Adapter (and other well-measuring adapters now discontinued) Edifier MR4 But sometimes there are other products influenced by other considerations: Sony Walkman A55, ATH-M30x etc And before they were reviewed on here, I had MDR-ZX110 and RP-TCM125, the first headphone and IEM I...
  12. Saidera

I know the MR4 speakers only started getting sold in Japan in December 2022. The original review was in December 2021. I'm assuming the change wasn't too recent, otherwise old stock is still circulating.
  13. Saidera

So um, the crosstalk graphs seem to suggest that balanced TRS connection is recommended perhaps?
  14. Saidera

Sony Xperia 5 IV Audio Review

This post reminds me that I did request measurements of the Xperia 1 II back in the day, and now that request has come true! It's really disappointing to see virtually no features meet consumer needs. The Xperia can be made great with all their technologies, but somehow it's just not able to...
  15. Saidera

Sony Walman NW-ZX707 (new product)

I like the design, but that's about it.
  16. Saidera

Budget speakers (~100$) to replace old Sony amp + Sony passive speakers

What's the primary difference between MR4 and 305P/T5V/iLoud? At around half the price, is MR4 limited in some way? It seems MR4 is perfect for those who want the studio name but aren't fussed about connectivity and quality.
  17. Saidera

Tempotec Sonata HD Pro Review (headphone Adapter)

Apple dongle is cheap. It's available everywhere. TT SHD Pro is not. Depending on the type of good headphones, you might find Apple dongle has its limitations. I've never heard the Apple dongle perform badly at high volumes, but it might.
  18. Saidera

Sony NW-A105 Digital Audio Player Review

The magic of a Sony wore off on me just a few months after I got my NW-A55 in 2020! Ah, has it already been two years? I used NW-A55 maybe only 20 times in two years! I simply prefer Apple dongle.
  19. Saidera

$9 Headphone Review: Sony MDR-ZX110

Anyway, times change, and ZX110 was better value in the old days...
  20. Saidera

$9 Headphone Review: Sony MDR-ZX110

Yep, every post on the last few pages makes the most sense out of the entire thread. For me, (and probably I wrote it elsewhere already) these were just the first pair of headphones I ever bought, just as the RP-TCM125 was the first pair of earphones I ever bought. And the first are never the...
Top Bottom