Search results

1. K

Connectors and cables, inputs and outputs, balanced?

Thank you for the advice. Very informative.
  2. K

yes. seems to be the most popular and logical. Thanks!
  3. K

thanks Solderdude. Your answer presently holds first place.
  4. K

Thanks again everyone. I think I have it figured out. Balanced is Balanced. Until it isn't. :p I think I will go from computer USB A OUT to USB B on the DAC. Then RCA OUT from DAC to Balanced IN on the Amp. Apparently RCA to XLR cables are available. And that DAC I'm looking at is hard to find...
  5. K

Thank you. Why would a DAC offer Balanced IN XLRs (I would understand if they were OUTs)? The amp connections, which I understand, are simply all analog - Balanced IN or RCA's, pretty straight forward. Here are screenshots from the two pieces. My music source will be a 2015 MacBook Pro running...
  6. K

Finally admits he is overwhelmed

wow, very helpful tmtomh, thank you!
  7. K

Next question - re: connectors and cables. I've never had the option for a "balanced" connection until now. I hope this won't be too confusing. (picture, if you will, speakers: NHT SB3, and my "Listening Room," which is also "Our Apartment", i.e. I'm a picky listener, but not yet an Audiophile)...
  8. K

The Onkyo does not have digital, in or out.
  9. K

cool! I had no clue. Thank You! I will give it a shot.
  10. K

Much appreciated Soniclife, but I don't think iTunes exists anymore; it has been replaced by Apple Music, which charges a monthly fee. I would prefer to find something free for now, or just go without. I recently discovered a free app called Lumïn, which looks like a contender if I go that route.
  11. K

Thank you AudioStudies and CDMC; very helpful!
  12. K

I have my analog set up as follows: Amp:Audiolab 8300 (noDAC or Headphone connection); Tuner:Sangean HD 1, CD: an old Onkyo from the late 80's or early 90's that works fine; and I am in early stages of rehabbing a Thorens for my vinyl; I have an old 8GB MacBook Pro from 2015 running Catalina...
Top Bottom