Search results

1. E

Receiver Recommendation for 7.1.4

Looking to upgrade my current setup from 5.1.2 to 7.1.4. I have a denon which has served me well, but has run out of channels. I was looking into the Denon (brand I've always used for receivers) especially the x3800h. I just read the review though and it seems it is not recommended. Are there...
  2. E

WTB: Kali In-5 or In-8

Looking to pick up a set of Kali In-5 or In-8. Thanks!
  3. E

Looking for Elac DBR62 or DFR52

Looking to purchase either DBR62 or DFR52 to slowly fill out my future theatre setup. Living in the Cincinnati Area, will pay for shipping depending on price. Thanks!
  4. E

Buying Used Speakers Kef Q750

Found a pair of Kef 750's on sale, $199 each. They were a floor model at best buy, and have signs of cosmetic use. Drivers, cones and all that look fine and functional. Will try and see if I can ask for lower because of the cosmetic damage. Doubt it though as they usually $800+ speakers...
  5. E

DBR62 vs DIY Speakers

I've unfortunately gone down the rabbit hole in terms of looking into DIY speakers. I was originally going to pick up a pair of used DBR 62's for around $425 without shipping. Then I go onto youtube and get bombarded with all these videos of DIY speakers, build $5000 speakers for around...
  6. E

$1000 Dollar Setup, Speaker Recommendations

If I were to plan for a $1000 setup, what would be your recommendations. Planning on getting just the two front, center and a subwoofer for now. Room is an apartment, so not large by any means. Would like a decent setup which I can build upon later (sides, rear surround etc). After reading it...
  7. E

He4xx Balanced Cables

I could use some help clearing up some confusion. From what I can gather, unbalanced cables are your 3.5mm or 2/3 pole cables. Balanced cables on the other hand are your xlr, 4.4mm trs, anything with 4 poles/sleeves. Just got my he4xx in the mail, they sound amazing and burning them in. But...
  8. E

Monitor2USB Help

I am currently running the smsl su8 DAC. I have that plugged into my PC via usb. I then have the monitor2usb connected to that via balanced cables to the monitor2usb input 1. From the monitor2usb, I have my two monitors connected to monitor A output. I then have monitor C, the mono channel...
  9. E

DAC Headphone AMP Studio Monitors Setup Help

I am trying to setup a dac, headphone amp and studio monitors, and would like some help with the setup. I believe it should go Laptop/PC > DAC > Splits One balanced set goes to speakers, Other balanced set goes to headphone amp. With that setup though, if I plug in the headphones, does that...
  10. E

Eris E5 Hiss

There is quite an audible hiss coming from the E5's, when nothing is playing and at idle. I currently have rca cables plugged in. When I unplug them, the hiss does go down quite a bit. I have to be right up against them to hear the slight humm. With them plugged in though, I can the hiss quite...
  11. E

Studio Speaker Help

So I just got all my equipment in and need help with setting up my speakers and sub. My setup is Laptop > DAC (usb) > Subwoofer (RCA) > Speakers (Speaker wire - RCA Single). When I set it up like that, my studio monitors just make a white noise/crackling. I know the monitors work as I have...
  12. E

Desktop DAC/Headphone Amp Combo Under $150

Are there any good recommendations for a DAC/Amp combo for under/around $150. I would prefer in one device, but two devices are also a possibility. Going to be using on a desktop, and will be eventually used with a He4xx. Won't be upgrading past those headphones for a while, so don't need insane...
Top Bottom