Search results

1. Stump909

NAD 50 Anniversary C 3050

Found out about this too late. Only purchase option I can find is a place with a backorder line for hundreds over MSRP. The non-LE would be okay if it weren’t for the fact it’ll cost as much as the LE, with the feature module, and use a laminate finish over veneer.
  2. Stump909

Marantz SACD 30n Measurements (SACD Player, DAC & Streamer)

For some reason, SACD/DSD still fascinate me. Has anyone come across a deep dive techincial review of the format and whether or not it has any real benefit (or fault) over PCM?
  3. Stump909

MASSDROP X Focal ELEX Review (headphone)

So after two samples...would you choose it over the HD650?
  4. Stump909

Genelec 8010A Powered Studio Monitor Review

If space is not a concern, do these provide any value over the JBL monitors?
  5. Stump909

JBL 308P MKII Studio Monitor Review

It's been awhile since I've set my pair up, but I think changing the sensitivity allowed me to utilize higher gain with less hiss (if I recall correctly). I also sit about 7ft away. I do recall it sort of being the "eureka" solution though to some extent.
  6. Stump909

JBL 308P MKII Studio Monitor Review

Did you change the input sensitivity? That basically eliminate the hiss for me.
  7. Stump909

Ascend Sierra Luna Duo Center/Main Speaker Review

Agreed. All this is rather crazy considering how well the Sierra-2 and Horizon held up. By all measurements here, and Amir's subjective reviews, it's a great speaker. So is it the form factor introducing all these issues? Either way, it's concerning how the Ascend measurements have shifted from...
  8. Stump909

Ascend Sierra 2 Speaker Review

So it's effectively being filtered out?
  9. Stump909

I'm still wondering how the harmonic distortion chart can show a massive 8% spike, at 3500hz, that does not appear on the decay graph.
  10. Stump909

Revel M106 Bookshelf Speaker Review

I know this will never happen, but I'd really like to see the Ascend CBM-170 and Sierra 2 reviewed again, with the latest review procedure. I've gone back through the older speaker reviews, and these two stand out as seemingly positive reviews, but just lacking the full analysis we get today.
  11. Stump909

Affordable Accuracy Monitor Review

Hearing about Dennis's retirement hit me hard a couple years back. The Phil 3's were my end-game target.
  12. Stump909

You've really driven home one of my points: the scope of this measurement is too limited. I'm not declaring it flawed/broken, but its a limited snapshot. I also think the scrutiny of these measurements (by some users) is akin to a parents being mad at their child for getting an A and not an A+...
  13. Stump909

Its not a straw-man, its an exaggeration to reflect everyone's reaction and highlight the review methodology limits. Again, I’ve owned and enjoyed this speaker. The price has nothing to do with my argument, and its still my defacto recommendation for someone considering a soundbar. However the...
  14. Stump909

I've been saying that for years. The measurements are great, but the performance still leaves a lot to be desired. They are home theater speakers after all. I've owned them, sold them, but still have a chance to listen as they're with a buddy. However, they're still my first choice when...
  15. Stump909

Lol, this whole thread is a joke. I’m very familiar with the Primus line. Hell I own a 6.1 Primus P363 setup. The Sierra-2’s destroy them. Not even close. Funny everyone chalks up user preferences to cognitive dissonance, except their own. Embarrass? Whats embarrassing is people blindly trusting...
  16. Stump909

Ascend CBM-170 SE Speaker Review

That shelf would need a magnifier to spot ;)
  17. Stump909

I mean the search for perfection is never ending, right? I see the measurements, and sans the resonance (which oddly doesnt appear on the waterfall), I think people are over exaggerating the issues. They look remarkably good and personally I don't see the vertical dispersion as a negative. Isn't...
  18. Stump909

Ascend CBM-170 SE Speaker Review

I've owned the 170s (gave them to my parents), the BS22's (sold to a friend), and JBL 305's (current nearfield). I don't know how it happened, but it's like the speakers reviews are coming straight from my collection. The 305's are obviously a personal favorite (minus the hiss I can't seem to...
  19. Stump909

Unless you've measured them, that's really only subject to your own experience. That resonance oddly doesn't appear on the CSD.
  20. Stump909

Aesthetics and general stiffness/density. Amir mentions it:
Top Bottom