Search results

1. S

Longshot, but I need help, I'm an idiot and broke my MiniDSP with Dirac Live.

You guys were by far the most helpful guys on the internet that I found but I'm still too dumb and lazy to figure it out. I emailed MiniDSP and they said it will be an easy job with the correct part and that if I mail it to them to China they will fix it for free but it will take 400 years and I...
  2. S

Everything still works except the USB. I emailed the support but I'm not expecting much. Really? Maybe I'll take it to a mall phone repair guy then. Fortunately, everything still works. Do you think I will need a replacement cover or that I'll need to solder anything?
  3. S

Since you guys are scientists and love audio I'm posting here in the small chance that someone might be able to help. Long story short I tripped on my USB cable connected to my MiniDSP DDRC 24 with dirac live which now has a better algorithm that creates custom target curves instead of giving...
  4. S

My Informal Dirac Review

So if anyone cares I'm kind of dumb and I'm sort of liking the full range correction now? I think the takeaway is try for yourself and don't take anyone's word for it. Not even your own!!
  5. S

Can A Scientist Tell Me Why My High End Speakers Sound Dramatically Better Crossed Over At 120hz?

1. I am running real stereo and not dual mono on the subs. 2. I don’t feel like I listen super loud but I doubt I’d be able to tell the difference with the volume mow 3. Unfortunately I don’t know how to do distortion measurements or use REW but I do have FR graphs of both setups before...
  6. S

Can A Scientist Tell Me Why My High End Speakers Sound Dramatically Better Crossed Over At 120hz?

Speakers: JBL 705P Stereo Subwoofers: JBL LSR310s (I can localize the subwoofers at any crossover and can post videos of me doing this if you don’t believe me) My setup sounds DRAMATICALLY better crossed over at 120hz versus 80hz. At first I thought this might be because the built in 120hz...
  7. S

My Informal Dirac Review

Yeah that period is annoying ;-; I could without a silence period show off completely disabled versus the dirac curve though and I am still pretty sure dirac correction off would get votes if I avoid bass focused portions but then I am entering into results manipulation territory
  8. S

My Informal Dirac Review

I can A/B without telling my friends which is which when they come over. I‘m pretty sure most people would prefer it. I’ll do this and report back here.
  9. S

My Informal Dirac Review

I compared corrected flat full range along with the dirac default downward tilt and they really weren’t super different. Based off my measurements, in my listening position, the highs aren’t really rolled off that much and Dirac would actually have to bring them down with it’s default curve...
  10. S

My Informal Dirac Review

Something I haven’t experimented with yet now that I’ve determined correction to 300hz being good, is bass boosts. Trying the dirac suggested bass lift is interesting but I’ll have to reduce max output capability more to avoid clipping which makes it unappealing DX Still want to try it though uwu
  11. S

My Informal Dirac Review

Number 2 was just a flat correction target to 300hz with stereo subwoofers because my powerful brain can localize the subwoofers
  12. S

My Informal Dirac Review

I’ve been playing a lot with the software for the past month or so and I finally feel like I have it set up optimally so I thought I‘d share my impressions here. Equipment: 2 JBL 705 Speakers with 2 JBL LSR305 Subwoofers 2 ATS Acoustics Triangle Bass Traps 1 MiniDSP DDRC24 with Dirac Setup...
  13. S

[Photos and Measurements Inside] Dirac Live Distorts Bass JBL 705P

Would need a smart human and even still it would be more work I think
  14. S

I have literally never seen the red clipping light on the speakers. I think you'd have to be really far from the speakers to get them to hit clipping without causing permanent hearing loss o_o
  15. S

[Pictures Inside] Dirac Correction 0-300Hz Vs Full Range Correction

My FR graph shows a natural kind of slope with my neutral speakers but the dirac default curve seems to slope down the speakers more than they naturally do. A flat target curve here seems to want to squish the midrange more than it boosts the highs. Still going back and forth but I have a...
  16. S

THANKS AGAIN!!! I do use the DDRC24 to control the volume. Is the "-xdBFs" under the output sliders where I have to keep it -16? Even at -10 on music it sometimes goes above 15 v.v
  17. S

[Pictures Inside] Dirac Correction 0-300Hz Vs Full Range Correction

Overall I quite like the flat target so far it's mostly on movies I've noticed it feels like it can be a tad "piercing" ;[ I am guessing that is because of the dynamic range or something
  18. S

Thank you so much for this post!! - So the dirac correction never exceeds +10db at anytime. - I have 0 other filters on. - The JBL 7 series are set to the louder gain setting and it does get slightly more hiss this way but I have to deal with it. - I have the MiniDSP DDRC24 set to -10db on the...
Top Bottom