Search results

1. E

Dynaudio Focus 60xd vs Genelc 8351b

Regarding your soundstage illusion, I don't think its due to coaxial design. Non-coaxial designs are able to do just as well.
  2. E

Entreq "signal grounding" Measurements

I just saw this thread. NEver heard of entreq and went googling... Interesting... These grounding boxes are trying to mimic whats a natural ground (as it our earth's ground with soil etc). I really don't see what kind of differences it makes.
  3. E

Replacing electrolytic caps in the signal path.

As many others have mention, it could produce an audible change to the sound. Whether this change is desirable or not, I am not sure. However, you could still go ahead and give it a try. If you do not like the change in sound (if any), you can always solder back the original capacitor. Treat...
  4. E

Using a 75 ohm RCA video cable for as an analog audio cable.

I still cant comprehend why this forum has a habit of digging up old threads and commenting/replying to what others posted...
  5. E

Sony speaker capacitors

Just want to point out that these are electrolytic bipolar capacitors. If you are usong back electrolytics, just make sure they are also bipolar. Of course you can use other types of capacitors eg. Polypropelene. As for how the values will affect sound, i am not sure. It depends on the design...
  6. E

tv screen, audio and subjectivity

Hmm, i dont quite understand what is this thread about, but i do agree that screen size is very important when watching movies/series.
  7. E

Music presentation difference by XLR cable - Monoprice Premier 16AWG vs Mogami 2549 22AWG

I won't argue over that, not in this forum. Perhaps you could inform MasterApex as well.
  8. E

Music presentation difference by XLR cable - Monoprice Premier 16AWG vs Mogami 2549 22AWG

Just to let you know that the general consensus in this forum is that cables makes no difference. I personally dont recommend anyone to talk about cables in this forum.
  9. E

Sorry, please ignore my thread

Sorry, please ignore my thread. I am not able to delete this thread so I can only delete my post.
  10. E

XLR to RCA ????

Using XLR to RCA adapter/cable is no different from connecting to RCA directly. XLR has 3 wires, hot (signal), cold (inverted signal being) and ground. Inverted signal means the original signal is flipped. The main purpose of XLR is for noise rejection, esp. as long distances. XLR is also...
  11. E

Are crossovers in speakers overrated?

Crossover does more than just speaker protection. They are extremely important to speakers and yes, I do agree they are the most important. This is because it directly affects the speaker driver performance. A poorly designed crossover will make the speaker sound alot worse regardless of...
  12. E

Stereophile tested a Topping Pre90

Thanks for the link! Just read it and i have to say the pre-90 did very well esp. when its price is just a fraction of the XP32. His last sentence says it all: its a great bargain!
  13. E

Input needed: Do I really need surge protectors and other electrical system gadgets?

I am not an electrical engineer nor expert. However, my company is using schneider electric power devices. So, maybe this could help. https://blog.se.com/power-management-metering-monitoring-power-quality/2013/03/19/how-to-choose-the-right-surge-protector/
  14. E

Input needed: Do I really need surge protectors and other electrical system gadgets?

I guess you are referring to MOV? https://electronics.howstuffworks.com/gadgets/home/surge-protector1.htm
  15. E

Oh no, i dont meant a direct lightning strike. Its more of lightning strike on power transmission cables. Sometimes, a lightning strike nearby causes power to trip. I do agree it may not be enough.
  16. E

Surge protector/suppressor is mainly used to protect your home from power surge. Although its quite rare these days (depending on where you live), there is a chance it can damage electronic equipment. A lightning strike can cause a power surge and may cause serious damage. Its very rare but I...
  17. E

What are the things you wish you knew when starting out in this hobby?

Yes, i fully agree. Without any data to back a claim, its just a baseless claim. That is also why i do not talk about cables in this forum. I also recommend others it is best not to talk about it here.
  18. E

IMHO, if your home do not have any kind of surge protection installed, its a good idea to have one at least in your AV room (whole house is the best). In rare situations, power surge can take out electronic equipment. It can be very expensive to repair them, hence i would say it better to be on...
  19. E

I do understand and agree with you. Cable do make a big difference to me personally. However, the general concensus here is that cables don't matter at all. There have been numberous heated arguments so IMHO, its best to avoid mentioning it.
  20. E

One has to learn to adapt in order to survive. When in rome, do what romans do. I don't post much now and when I do, I make sure I only post what is acceptable in this forum. Peace for everyone. I treat this place as training. If I can survive in here, I can survive anywhere.
Top Bottom