Search results

1. G

Dayton Shakers BST-300ex too much for stereo use of Fosi V3..amps cuts out.

I was testing the BST-300ex with the Fosi V3. They are 4ohms and I decided to just do one per channel. Playing one alone is all good and powerful but the moment I tried both at the same time, the amps starts to cut out the sound. Using the Fosi 48V 5A did not help. So looks like for shakers I am...
  2. G

RCA to XLR adapter and lifting ground

Hi! I have been meaning to try an RCA to XLR adapter or cable and see if there is a way to get rid of a hum in my AMP. I have tried connecting common ground and all sorts of things but the only thing that worked so far is a cheater plug for the AMP but I rather not use that and find a different...
  3. G

How bad is this on a subwoofer and can it be repaired without much degradation?

Hi! I was wondering how bad this is and if it can be repaired easily maybe? I was getting this sub for $700 but it got ripped on the way here .
  4. G

Can a 20amp power strip pull 20amps if it doesnt have a TBlade connector?

Ok so this one has always confused me. I have 20amp circuits with the Tblade outlets. I was looking for a power strip that was 20amps and saw this...
  5. G

Am I doing this wrong trying to measure resistance?

Hi. Somehow I ended up watching part of a Danny R video where he said the speaker jumper bridge he measured was showing a rather high 2.8ohms or something like that. I decided to test mine but I can't get any values to show. What am I doing wrong?
  6. G

Will this work to fill a stand ?

I don't want to use sand or lead for my center stand so was wondering if this will work Z QINGZHENG Slingshots, 1/4 Inch 6.35mm Precision Steel Ball Bearing Slingshot Ammo, 3000pcs https://a.co/d/bodXUFU Thanks
  7. G

If adding a coupler does not add capacitance, there is no real impact to the performance?

Hi! I needed a 25foot RCA cable for my subwoofer but I realized I had two Monoprice Onix cables one 15 and one 12' so just 27'. So I used a coupler and measured capacitance (if that even matters) and it was still 21pF per foot so not sure if there is anything else that is a concern when using a...
  8. G

Are Blue Jeans Cable LC-1 that good or is this guy right?

I mostly find great feedback about the lc-1 but then found this guy Troll ? Or what do you think? He also said this "It depends on the manufacturer. Some subwoofer cables use twisted pair which serves to eliminate hum. Monster, Audioquest and many others use this configuration. In addition...
  9. G

How do I use this meter to measure Capacitance and others?

Hi! Out of curiosity I got this meter to test some of my cables like my RCA interconnector capacitance, etc but I just realized, I am not sure how to use it. When I place it at setting I think I should be using, the number keeps moving for example from like .5 to 4.2 with one of the cables...
  10. G

Picking between these 2 audio jewlery items...any "better" than the other?

Recently I was trying to find a good looking Power Condition like unit but I was not able to find anything that looked good to my eyes in my Rack so I am back to just grabbing an actual power conditioner instead. Its a fancy power strip, but is what I want for the look of the gear rack so...no...
  11. G

BJC LC-1, Monolith RCA and WBC GAC-1 Ultra Pro...RCA interconnector question

Hi all! I am getting new RCA cables to match the lenghts required by my new setup and was going to order the Monolith RCA because well, I like their "fancy" explanation but of course, there is a lot of nonsense spread around in the audio world. Then I read about the WBC GAC-1 Ultra Pro here and...
  12. G

This device is not fast enough for accurate watts readings, is it?

Hi! I was curious to see what my gear pulls during intense scenes so I got this device: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0C619YRRM?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details I was testing my Hovereze and BossBack platform by measuring the NX6000D power draw and during Lone Survivor scene I got this...
  13. G

Anything that looks like a power conditioner but is NOT? Just need a nice looking power "strip"

Hello, So I have decided that I rather avoid those power "conditioners" but I like the looks of them with the connectors on the back and display for a clean look. Or even without a gauge of voltage, it will be fine as long as it keeps thinigs nice and clean by connectiong from the back of the...
  14. G

Understanding specs like capacitance for RCA interconnectors like for subwoofer cables. Help please.

Hi! So I need a 25 feet cable and was looking at this Onix https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=21679 Features: Gold plated RCA male connectors 97% pure oxygen-free copper conductor Double shielded with copper braiding 22 pF per foot capacitance 75 ohm impedance Is that considered good...
  15. G

Aiyima A07 Pro sub output much lower than SMLS SA300...any idea why?

I am comparing those two amps right now and one thing I noticed is the subwoofer plays much louder when connected to the SA300 vs the A07 Pro. Now, with the A07 Pro I am using a 3.5mm to RCA mono cable so I hope that is not the wrong type of cable to use for it. Any ideas? Thanks
  16. G

Considering the following for Desktop nearfield 2.1 setup..which one your prefer?

Hi! So I want to upgrade my lame desktop sound bar but I have size limit and dont want to spend a ton since I dont use the speakers all the time. Just that when i want to use them, I want decent sound. I have a height limitation 11" for the speakers. I was leaning towards the Emotiva B1+ with...
  17. G

OSD X7180 same as Outlaw 7000x? The specs on the manual seem to look worse for sure or am I missing something?

Hi! I just placed an order for the X7180 as many people claim they are pretty much the same as the Outlaw ones but looking at the specs they dont look as good to me. I know a youtube Joe and tell or something like that couldnt hear any difference vs his expensive Parasound so if its one of those...
  18. G

Would you swap from a Monolith 7x (7x200W) amp to an old Outlaw 770 to pocket some cash?

Hi there! So, I have been considering swapping my Monolith 7x as I feel is pretty overkill for how loud I play but at the same time, I am like...well the system sounds great..no humming issues etc so what if I get a new amp and I introduce groundloops or other issues? I mean I can sell the...
  19. G

Considering several open headphones for Kawai ES920

Hi! Hopefully there are more digital piano players here that can share the feedback on favorite headphones. I am considering the following models: DT 990 Pro DT 1990 Pro Hifiman Sundara and the xs model I have not considered any Senns yet because they all seem very weak in the bass department...
  20. G

Arendal 1723c 2way mtm has 45° horizontal dispersion?? Lies?

Hi. A guys is claiming that this link proves the 1723 center has 45 degrees of horizontal dispersion.... https://arendalsound.com/product/1723-center-thx/ Unless it was designed at Hogwarts, I don't see how that is happening with a 2-way horizontal MTM center. Am I missing something?
Top Bottom