Search results

1. H

FS: Massdrop X Alex Cavalli Tube Hybrid Amp

Yep, 6922. You can get replacements reasonably cheaply.
  2. H

FS: Little Labs Monotor

This headphone amp is meant to be pro gear and has many features tailored toward such use. It is basically brand new as it was hand picked by the owner of Little Labs due to my first one having some channel imbalance (I can provide proof if necessary). This will be sent in the original packaging...
  3. H

FS: Massdrop X Alex Cavalli Liquid Carbon X Amp

This amp is very lightly used and has no cosmetic blemishes (does show dust and smudges like no other!). I received this on Jul 24, 2018. This will be shipped in all original packaging and with user manual. It hasn’t been exposed to smoke or pets. Price: $220 + $20 S/H (will only ship CONUS)
  4. H

FS: Massdrop X Alex Cavalli Tube Hybrid Amp

This amp is very lightly used (maybe 30 hours max) and has no cosmetic blemishes (does show dust and smudges like no other!). I received this on Apr 23, 2018. This will be shipped in all original packaging and with user manual. It hasn’t been exposed to smoke or pets. This does not come with any...
  5. H

Review and Measurements of Rega Ear Headphone Amp

I too have experienced the amusement of some of the ads out there. I no longer assume anything until I see the measurements. I used to be one of those unenlightened folks. Honestly, it's a relief for me when I see Amir's reviews because regardless of the outcome it gives me closure basically...
  6. H

Review and Measurements of Rega Ear Headphone Amp

Thank you Amir! The design does make it look and feel rather cheap even though it really isn't. The plastic is such an odd choice. I got the impressions from subjective listening that it was somehow boosting bass, I didn't do any a/b testing to confirm it though. I feel like I also recall there...
  7. H

Review and Measurements of Little Labs Monotor Headphone Amp

Thank you for this reviewing this Amir! Little Labs has a pdf (here) talking about the amp and on the last page the owner talks about designing it for a professional setting and using Sennheiser HD600's with it. So it's definitely designed for higher impedances. It's nice to see it perform as...
  8. H

Review and Measurements of DarkVoice 336SE Headphone Amp

Yeah I should warned you that won't always work. It worked with the stock tube, well like 30 minutes of burn in, but I've put many hours in on the new production tubes that hum very badly and it made zero difference.
  9. H

Review and Measurements of DarkVoice 336SE Headphone Amp

I have been long awaiting this review! Thank you Amir and the person that sent in the Darkvoice. The results are more or less what I expected. Having owned one of these myself I will say it sounded good with high impedance headphones. I had only tried lower ones a few times and didn't like the...
  10. H

Review and Measurements of Grace Design m900 DAC & Amp

The Y axis is a different unit for the grace chart.
  11. H

Review and Measurements of NuForce DAC80

We've seen some poor performers before but this sounds like it's actually broken. Schiit and NuForce have a lot in common it seems. The sad thing is that NuForce seems relatively popular with a few of their products. It's comical that their specs are based on measurements with broken drivers...
  12. H

Review and Measurements of Neurochrome Modulus-286 Amp

You are a very smart and admirable person, the world needs more people like you. As a programmer and perfectionist, I totally appreciate your care and attention to detail. That level of passion I think has a hope to change this world. Definitely stay a bit boutique, it separates you from the...
  13. H

March Audio HPA1

Do as I say, not as I do?
  14. H

Battle of Battery Operated Portable Headphone Amps

SINAD is as I understand it (still learning here so feel free to correct me) is merely metric we can use to get an idea of the worst case performance of a product. It's not the end all be all but it does indicate the general performance of something. To avoid measurement because of any one...
  15. H

Review and Measurements of Schiit Jotunheim With AK4490 DAC

I have the black version of this configuration (I am selling it too lol) and I can confirm that there is a hum due to lack of grounding. I have to give some kudos because it looks and feels serious. It's a good looking piece of gear and the idea of modular dacs is clever. Sadly it just isn't...
  16. H

March Audio Hypex Ncore Power Amplifiers

Oh nice, I like those connectors, they look good! I've done a bit of reading about cables since I was considering building some balanced cables for a few of my headphones and Mogami seems to be a good choice. I actually bought some, haven't gotten around to building the cables yet though. I am a...
  17. H

March Audio Hypex Ncore Power Amplifiers

Oooh any spoilers for us as to what your cables will look like? I would assume they will match the color scheme of everything else?
  18. H

Review and Measurements of KORG NuTube HA-KIT Headphone Amp

This reminded me of the Littlebear portable tube amp Zeos has reviewed and liked. Wonder if anyone would send one those in to be reviewed? I'm not entirely sure why portable tube amps exist to be honest... for me part of the fun of tube amps is the looks and trying different tubes, these...
  19. H

Lithium Ion car jumper advice?

And have to wait how long for someone to show up? These products exist for a reason, convenience and safety. You should always have jumper cables just in case and AAA is great because no matter the issue they can rescue you but these portable jump starters are great because I don't need to wait...
Top Bottom