Search results

1. H

Review and Measurements of Fiio K5 Pro

Why ? What you said "Theres no proper line out, the Pro acts more like a pre amp. Connect the RCA outs and the volume control still works." is true , right ?
  2. H

Review and Measurements of Fiio K5 Pro

I wonder why Fiio didn't explicitly call it a pre out then ? Any caveats if using it as pre for JBL actives (LSR306) ?
  3. H

Upcoming Tom Danley Hifi speakers

Hi @Tom Danley , And 60x60 was chosen for home speaker instead of 90x60 (which even the Danley cinema line also uses) for certain specific reasons ? Thanks!
  4. H

Interesting! Though as a first home model, I thought they would go with their 90 x 60 horn as even their cinema line (https://danleycinema.com/) has mostly 90 x 60 horns (esp the small room which is close to home )
  5. H

I checked with them, via email, and the coverage pattern is 60 x 60. I wonder if 60 would be too narrow for home setting, making it headphone like as @Juhazi mentioned above
  6. H

What budget speakers you like to see reviewed?

Measurement of this would need horizontal & vertical dispersion plots for both sound and water :)
  7. H

Behringer B2030P Studio Monitor Review

Did you get a chance to measure them ?
  8. H

"Home Theater" Speakers

No probs. I did try searching by same publication (and by going to model specific docs on https://www.audiopro.de/ but it takes to bonedo.de review which no measurements) but didn't find any... The SRX835 and PRX835 comparison would also be interesting, latter being wider dispersion
  9. H

"Home Theater" Speakers

You sent me back to the same place I began my question with :) :) I was asking about PRX835 https://jblpro.com/en-US/products/prx835 Those measurements are for SRX835
  10. H

"Home Theater" Speakers

Anybody seen/found measurements for JBL PRX835 ?
  11. H

Confused between studio monitors for HT setup

Thx. Will an active one be better ? Or will it be more noisy ? I am also wondering if I should use active DI for all 5 LSR308s ( even for nearer LCRs) to have better gain match between AVR pre out and 308s
  12. H

The cable dealer has recommended me this for the rear speakers which require 37 ft length https://dbxpro.com/en/products/djdi this is passive though
  13. H

The reason I got LSR308 was they were even cheaper than Elac B6.2 here in India. Yaa turning them on is one hassle but I expect better SPL handling from them in my 22’ x 14’ ft room. I tested them and didn’t find the hiss to be an issue unless listening very close to the tweeter. ( for 4 atmos...
  14. H

Yes, the DI box can be very very close to AVR. Behringer is one option , other being DBX DI box. I will check what other options are available
  15. H

I did get the LSR 308s x 5 Any input on using a DI box for surrounds ? As one of the length would be 37ft. Any risk of quality degradation ? Thanks!
  16. H

Speaker matching in HT setup

No. The first option has the centre different than L & R.
  17. H

I have myself gone with option 4 for now :) 5 x JBL 308mkii 4 x JBL Control X (yet to arrive)
  18. H

I realised that most theatres go with option (2) since based on shape of the movie hall ad number of people, the dispersion requirements on each type (LCR, surround, height) would be different
  19. H

Hi, The preferences for speaker matching vary quite a bit when setting up a multi channel system for movies The intent here is to see which setup gets most preferred as optimal choice , beyond which the improvement is minimal if any. Yes, the newer formats allow full range sounds to all...
  20. H

Choosing between Denon X8500H, X4700H and X3700H AVRs

The issue with pre out noise level wouldn't be only applicable for pre outs , rt ? It in turn would affect the signal via speaker out too, when pre out signal internally , is over 1.5V. I wish the fix , if there is, can be done for existing AVR versions
Top Bottom