Search results

1. 0800 Dub

What cables do you use in your systems?

Speaker cable: Sommer Cable 2.5mm² / 13 AWG Interconnects: Studiospares (made from Sommer cable) & Custom Lynx RCA cables USB cable: stock Power cable: stock
  2. 0800 Dub

Extreme Snake Oil

I was going to create a thread called "Audio Esoterica" for forum members to collate products created based on esoteric / non-scientific concepts, but then I re-discovered this thread, and I realised that what I had in mind comes under its purview. Here's my contribution: .
  3. 0800 Dub

Sennheiser HD560S Review (Headphone)

Why are you advocating throwing away headphones? Do you want plastic and metal to end up in landfill?
  4. 0800 Dub

RCA-splitter / Y-Adapter, do they degrade sound quality?

I have sort of the inverse question Theoretical scenario with one set of RCA inputs (powered speakers or amp) Would it be better to use two of these splitter cables or a switcher like this to connect two devices to the one set of inputs? Devices would be Schiit SYS (w/ two sources...
  5. 0800 Dub

DACs' compatibility with Linux

Issues with Motu M2/M4 on Linux https://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=211975
  6. 0800 Dub

NC252MP vs NC502MP - gain difference?

Given an identical level of input signal, will the Hypex NC502MP produce a louder output level than the Hypex NC252MP?
  7. 0800 Dub

I don't understand the obsession with DR meters

That's not the case, because early CDs were not heavily dynamically compressed. There might have been other factors at play which contributed to that perception.
  8. 0800 Dub

Crown amplifier power calculator question

I see. Maybe it's obvious to more techcnically-minded folks, but to me it wasn't. I reckon they should state that it's at 1kHz just to be 100% clear for everybody. Unfortunately I don't have enough money for a Benchmark AHB2. I have a Yamaha A-S301. I would like to change amplifier for two...
  9. 0800 Dub

With all due respect, that doesn't answer my question... I'm trying to find out which wattage ratings I should be looking at on amplifier spec sheets. Amplifier spec sheets typically have a couple of different ratings that have been derived in different ways. Take this spec sheet from a Hypex...
  10. 0800 Dub

https://www.crownaudio.com/en-US/tools/calculators#amp_power_required The calculator gives the required amplifier power in watts, but how does this relate to amplifier power ratings? As I understand it the Required Amplifier Power figure should be used to find an amplifier with that amount of...
  11. 0800 Dub

First (Incomplete) Impressions: Audiophonics HPA-T400ET 3 Way Purifi

Is the RCA -> XLR hum likely to be an inherent issue with the amplifier or down to the cable or source?
  12. 0800 Dub

Impressions and internal photos of the Audiophonics MPA-S250NC

Did you work out what was causing that? Does it still happen?
  13. 0800 Dub

Inside Yamaha amps

I watched that video and hated it. It's absolutely ridiculous. What on earth is a "sound tuning for the European market"? I don't know what the power dynamic is in these two individuals' working relationship, but I felt sorry for the guy changing the parts in the amp having to pretend he...
  14. 0800 Dub

Youtube is running ads against my channel :(

Make sure you use uBlock Origin and not uBlock. https://github.com/gorhill/uBlock/wiki/uBlock-Origin-is-completely-unrelated-to-the-web-site-ublock.org
  15. 0800 Dub

YAMAHA A-S301 or A-S501 for KEF Q100?

Just wanted to clarify that my testing was not done in a sufficiently controlled manner so my claims about the volume control should not be believed until verified and @Dzhaughn is most likely correct. Can't edit my last post so making another one.
  16. 0800 Dub

Universal Audio Apollo Twin X Review (Audio Interface)

cringe edit: :facepalm: just realised the pun
  17. 0800 Dub

Loxjie A30 Amplifier Review

What would be inadequate when using this amp with ELACs?
Top Bottom