Search results

1. C

Question about tweeter placement at cabinet tops (ex-Revel M126Be)

A variety of sources going back to Olson essentially say that a driver in a square box should not be placed equidistant from all the sides unless you want significant variations in response. These sources suggest things like using various rules or proportions generally to place the tweeter (or...
  2. C

SB Acoustics Satori WO24TX-4 Driver review published on audioxpress, Anyone using it yet or plans to use?

The relatively new SB/Satori WO24TX-4 driver was just reviewed by Vance Dickason and published on the audioxpress site. To my inexperienced eyes the numbers look unsurprisingly good as with the rest of the textreme drivers from Satori. Anyone see any issues here? I have not seen any DIY...
  3. C

Recommended amplification strategy for Parts Express Dayton UM18-22 kit?

Looking at buying the fairly popular 6 cu ft sealed UM18-22 kit from PE and I was trying to decide how to amplify it. The obvious choice is a Crown XLS 1502 (I think), but what about the linearity on this driver in a sealed box like this? There was a website called data-bass.com that seems to...
  4. C

Owners of Meniscus Audio are retiring :(

As a recently new customer of theirs I'm saddened to hear they are closing: https://meniscusaudio.com/the-song-is-over/
  5. C

Anyone have experience with the Carmody "Spitfire" kit or the Sobie "Blues" kit? Both use HiVi woofer but different tweeters

Looking at these two kits for an easy bookshelf build. They are very similar with the main difference being the SB tweeter in the Blues vs the Airborne tweeter in the Spitfire. Also, thinking of using the Denovo knock-down cabinets from Parts Express- any warnings there? I don't suppose...
  6. C

Why do no $200 DAC's include a subwoofer out and HPF given that numerous DAC/AMP's from the same companies and prices include this feature? (Ex- SMSL)

Looking at recent DACs like SMSL's DO200 mk II (and many others) and comparing them to SMSL's DAC/AMP's like the A300 (and several others), NONE of the DAC's have subwoofer outputs MOST of the DAC/AMPs have subwoofer outputs One might assume that the high pass filtering and signal splitting...
  7. C

Wharfedale adds larger Dovedale to Heritage line

Apparently this was teased last summer, but they've made it official today: https://www.whathifi.com/news/wharfedale-dovedale-joins-the-classic-speaker-revival
  8. C

Experience with "pre-built" DIY speakers from "StereoArt"? Especially these new SB Acoustics Sasandu TX's?

Looking at what can be achieved with the new Sasandu TX kit usig the textreme drivers and found this company in Europe that builds the speaker for you. Estimating $5k for the driver and crossover kit, it looks like they are charging about 5k to build the cabinets and do the assembly. Anyone...
  9. C

Brane X Portable Speaker uses new "Repel-Attract Driver"

Was just looking over some "best of CES" reviews and this speaker came up for being able to produce massive bass very efficiently due to its novel "Repel-Attact Driver". If the design can do this with accuracy I expect it could replace most tradtional methods of bass driver design. Of course...
  10. C

New Monitor Audio Cinergy configurable home theater speaker line

Was just poking around and came across this new "Cinergy" product line from Monitor Audio that was announced back in May. Apparently they are aimed at installers where you can mix and match components according to the room and system demands. There is also some kind of in-house amp that may...
Top Bottom