Search results

1. C

Tekton style like tweeter array good idea?

Hopefully he would have thrown out most of the claims. Virtually everything in the patent has been done before and sold in the public realm years before this patent was granted. How this patent ever got approved is beyond me. Edit: Obviously others have already read EA's patents and...
  2. C

Wow! Interesting, a quick internet search suggests you are right, although it's contrary to my historical understanding of US patents and it makes no logical sense as there would be countless examples of infringement every day, and I haven't found the exceptions that would be necessary to allow...
  3. C

I missed that the first time around. Pretty well matches Duke supposition. I see no legal or patent issues here. We are bound by any confidentiality from discussing his products, and in America you can build whatever you want, even your own Ferrari that's an exact copy of one they sell, as...
  4. C

Any chance you would open yours up and take some pictures or make drawings of the crossover? Curious what EA is actually doing inside these. For example, are all 6 getting the same signal or is he truly adjusting for position in the array. He suggests he's doing something different depending...
  5. C

$100k speakers Meridian DSP8000 to $

I'm saying that judging from the abuse the tops may have additional damage beyond what is visible.
  6. C

just thinking, if someone's dead set on doing this idea as a designer, why not use a ring of BMR's? They're Fs is much lower, they are happy to be mounted without faceplates, allowing them to be packed closer together, and if you brought the lower crossover point down the lobing would be...
  7. C

$100k speakers Meridian DSP8000 to $

I see that listing. They look beat up. Who breaks the glass on both bases and then only replaces the glass on one of them? Personally I would never risk $12000 on speakers that might have internal damage from being dropped, etc. If they were close to you and you could inspect them yourself...
  8. C

KEF R11 Meta Tower Speaker Review

"R&D Engineer - KEF" - that's a dangerous sig to have around here- someone might ask you a question! :p (I have two in mind already)
  9. C

BMR dispersion

I think the OP means the BMR driver by itself, not the Philharmonic "BMR"s. I almost thought the same thing at first until I saw the other responses and re-read the OP's post. If the 2 BMR's are set up as a 1.5 way then I would expect some loss in performance if laid on its side. Look at the...
  10. C

KEF R11 Meta Tower Speaker Review

Cut away of either the R11 (Meta?) or the Reference 5, not sure. from a facebook post. More likely the Reference 5 based on image matching and word "Reference" on stand below speaker, but there's no review thread for any of the Reference towers on ASR. Actually, someone else shared what looks...
  11. C

Tekton M-Lore Speaker Review

but, but, but,
  12. C

I think that's what we've been asking for here, and afaik there is no such data available, which is why we're saying we'd like to see one on a Klippel. Obviously, if you find any data please share! :)
  13. C

yes, after I posted that I searched and realized I had "rediscovered" that there's a thing called the BBC dip, and that you had already posted about it in past threads. Clueless me had never bothered to read up on it when I've seen it mentioned here in the past, thanks for re-sharing!
  14. C

Presumably they were threated with legal action by someone... :D
  15. C

I assume that the lousy off-axis measurements of the bigger Tektons in Stereophile are because the upper crossover point between the arrays and the single tweeters is causing significant lobing or uneveness in the sound field. To me, so far, this is the biggest failure of this design- by having...
  16. C

As much as I think the comment above is far, far off the mark (as others have already commented), I do want to add one interesting piece of information I came across that was news to me and adds a wrinkle to Harman's listener response data. Someone had linked to this stunningly dense and...
  17. C

Nah, it's from the Stereophile reviewer (the prose part, not JA). I assume he got it from Tekton because John doesn't call it out anywhere that I found in the measurements. It could well be inaccurate or even a swag. John doesn't measure the center tweeter separately from the array like a...
  18. C

You are correct with the 1k number, my bad. It's not in the stereophile specs or measurements, but it's in the text that the Impact is at 1k: "The seven tweeters are oriented in what I call a 'polycell array.' The 6.5" woofers handle frequencies below 1kHz, and the seven-tweeter polycell array...
  19. C

Yes, pretty much, although with the caveats that I think Tekton uses quite a few different tweeters, the TW29TXN-B is one of the better ones, 800~900 Hz might be the greater challenge as tweeter distortion can increase rapidly as you approach the Fs and at least one of these speakers I read...
  20. C

I got burned to the ground on this forum previously for suggesting a similar approach. good luck with that discussion.
Top Bottom