Search results

1. Prolix

Tekton M-Lore Speaker Review

I think the rambling is an intentional feature rather than a bug. I just skip to about the 3/4 mark.
  2. Prolix

Historically, if Atkinson likes the measurements he'll give them a "rating" (excellent, great, generally good, measured well, etc) in the last line, but it does seem like he might be moving away from that particular tell.
  3. Prolix

This guy doesn't have anything even remotely resembling a legitimate legal claim. Unbelievable.
  4. Prolix

Neumann KH120 II Monitor Review

It was user error. Had a cabling whoopsie.
  5. Prolix

I sure did but thanks for the idea!
  6. Prolix

I'm trying to incorporate a pair of these into my basement AV system. Connecting them (rca-->xlr from Arcam receiver) not only makes them hum but introduces ground loop hum into my other speakers. These don't even need to be turned on to make the other speakers hum. The interesting bit is if I...
  7. Prolix

Bricked my amp?

The issue is the only button on this thing is the power button.
  8. Prolix

Bricked my amp?

Thanks all. I swapped out the fuses, and tried everything I could think of to trigger some kind of reset, but no dice. I did find a reasonable repair shop but the wait is going to be 4+ weeks. Guess we'll see.
  9. Prolix

Bricked my amp?

Thanks, I just ordered a new set and we'll see!
  10. Prolix

Bricked my amp?

Yeah, just tried again after it sat unplugged for months.
  11. Prolix

Bricked my amp?

I couldn't figure out how actually. The manual says if the fault doesn't clear itself after being unplugged for a few minutes you should contact a repair center.
  12. Prolix

Bricked my amp?

A good while back I was messing around with my surround speakers and dropped the connector of an active high-level speaker cable onto an input on my Rotel RMB-1555 amp. Sent out a booming drone for a couple seconds until I snatched it off. Yep, I'm dumb. Now when I turn it on I just get a...
  13. Prolix

Neumann KH 150 Monitor Review

Does MA 1 function correctly if you don't calibrate in an equilateral triangle?
  14. Prolix

WTB: Genelec 8340

Looking to buy Genelec 8340s used or new at meaningful discount. Can pick up within reasonable driving distance from NYC.
  15. Prolix

Arendal 1961 Center/Monitor Speaker Review

I tried one of these and found it to be fatiguing on axis as a center and I didn't want to run full range eq. Also felt it had even less bass than I expected from the size, and had to cross it prohibitively high. Moved on pretty quick and made me reconsider my plans to try one of the subs.
  16. Prolix

JBL Studio 6 alive on USA JBL site 698, 690, 630, 620, 610, 665c, 625c, 650p

Affordable, decent looking, dual 8s... very interested. But, 12" wide monoliths are probably an impossible sell in my household.
  17. Prolix

Desktop monitors without any fatigue (Genelec, Dynaudio, Neumann or Adam)?

I've Always found it frustrating that treble tilts start above the range that seems to cause my ear fatigue. Like with the 8341 the max treble cut only gets you 1db below flat at 4khz. With the 8030 you get nothing below 5khz.
  18. Prolix

Polk R200, Investigation Re: I am very Disappointed with Dull non HiFi sound.

My experience with the reserves a while back absolutely didn't match the reviews. I thought it looked, felt, and sounded cheap and unappealing. I think the hype on these was way overblown, like the .2 Elacs.
  19. Prolix

Denon AVR-X3800H Review

None of the disappointing measurements affect that kind of subjective experience.
  20. Prolix

Arcam AVR10 Review

No. Well, not if you're a human.
Top Bottom