Search results

1. Z

Wilson Audio TuneTot Review (high-end bookshelf speaker)

Sorry to hear that, We should thank all that perfect things that make us think they're flawed because they fulfill our short and boring life. I'm eager to learn the rules, but not interested to follow the rules...... I appreciate the diversity........also for the audio products......
  2. Z

I’m surprised, seems more like describing theology……. Take it easy… Losing hard earned money on any kinds of speakers doesn’t hurt….. What the real purpose of the speakers for? We all have some fun to praise or diss the luxury speakers……
  3. Z

Correct except one thing........ Did the controlled tests include sufficient range of the initial parameters? How many can be trusted as sufficient? Possibility is not only about someone just having different tastes. That'll be endless arguing. And that's valid to all kinds of so called science...
  4. Z

Yeah.....when I was young................. 4X12 cabinet and endless feedback......... Damn........just don't remind me the old days...........
  5. Z

The real problem is you heard it and you hate it but you didn't know it was the distortion. Something like that..........
  6. Z

It reminds me listening to all the music through brutal low end bose PA speakers in the school days. Does science steal some fun from me? :cool:
  7. Z

Maybe Low distortion to play music at 120dB? Ha, as I already mentioned in another replying, I would get the speakers with the lowest distortion and enough bass extension that I can afford. I can fix other aspects by all kinds of tools available if need to. I also mentioned I don't against other...
  8. Z

Ha, I grew up when glam metal was still hot and played electric guitar for almost 30yrs....... By the way, I actually didn't listen to much rock music for years. I listen to symphonies, bebop and even Japanese animate songs (dominated the brightest broken sounds in the world....ha) more these days.
  9. Z

I would never argue the measurements for electronics, that's really simple, good or failed....... Subs can solve nothing. Only pairing subs to real capable speakers is valid.
  10. Z

So the differences all comes from the beginning. I can play almost any lousy recordings on my systems. My criterion for speakers is simple, it need to be played very loud and can endure all the bass thumping recordings. Then all the cheap speakers with typical distortion and enclosure resonance...
  11. Z

Yes, then how to weigh different aspects? Do yo have no rating system of your own? I have mine, that's not science anyway. Why anyone need to follow one rating score? What does it come from? By analyzing brains? Brain scan or something? ha. I don't against statistics that can predict the speaker...
  12. Z

Right, smart people. To trust measurements is good, but to trust the score rating is not.
  13. Z

Anything comes with science, if not audio science, ha. The distortion, material, and even the decorative texture. Why do low scored speakers still sound good? That's scaring to some, sorry.
  14. Z

OK, I've expected to see Genelec or Neumann...... Lower range wharfedales? No, thanks.......sound like cardboard speakers.......
  15. Z

Same size? Probably not. which one is recommended?
  16. Z

My suggestion, get decent floor standing speakers with good measurement and place them in a large space (I can totally agree the Toole score (whatever score?) in this situation), problem solved. Measurements are very helpful to know how to deal with all kinds of speakers, and I'm very...
  17. Z

Right, it's an old trick. If this is done to the cheap speakers and it'll be very terrible (so does the terrible LS3/5A, ha......though not so severe with closed design). Money buys less distortion, I'll get anything cheap with low distortion and fix whatever problem by EQ or something. People...
  18. Z

I would feel pride of that if it's true. Why does anyone want to listen flat-response small speakers in random rooms and think the bass will be accurate? even with Dirac and subs whatever, reality is not just as people thought. I'll be pride of being a bass head if I need to. It depends...........
  19. Z

"Accurate" is only one of the many concepts thought of for audio reproduction. No absolute accurate speaker exists, so the job is done with relative methods with all kinds of monitors. There's a trend that marketing "accurate" for studio monitors, but that kind of "accurate" monitors never...
  20. Z

Some can be the real science, but some can not. What acoustic instrument qualities attracted the listeners is not that obvious. People can say they have different tastes, but what leads to the tastes? When people can be educated with a specific method from starting, that specific method can be...
Top Bottom