Search results

1. B

What are some great non-traditional speakers like omnidirectionals and electrostatics?

I have Revel M16's which I love and I don't think upgrading to the more expensive towers like F206's will be that different of an upgrade so I'd like to try out of some more unique types of speakers. Stuff like omnidirectionals and electrostatics. Speakers with big woofers like Klipsch Forte are...
  2. B

What is it that makes the 598's sound so much better than every other headphones I've tried?

I've tried the Sennheiser 560's, 600's, 650's, 660's. Also tried Shure 1840's, AKG K702's, Hifiman Sundara's, KLH Ultimate One's, Fidelio X3, Avantone Pro's, Audio-Technica R70x's, and I thought the 598's sounded better than all of them. What could it be? Angled drivers? What else could make...
  3. B

What are the best speakers that try to emulate live music?

I'm not very knowledgeable about speakers so excuse my lack of knowledge but there are speakers that are really great speakers and then there are great speakers that try to emulate the music sounding like the artist is in the room with you. Some examples of where I've heard people talk about...
  4. B

Are there no cheaper alternatives to the HD 800s?

I don't know I haven't listened to any high end headphones and don't know anything about measurements. It seems to be entirely based on soundstage as if the HD 800s is in it's own tier entirely and other headphones with great soundstage and aren't even close. Even if these same headphones might...
  5. B

Are there no cheaper alternatives to the HD 800s?

Every single post about headphones on every single website so far I've read has something along the lines of "They're good but they're no Sennheiser HD 800 S" The only exception is when talking about electrostatics. Is there no budget alternative to the HD 800s? Surely there has be one headphone...
  6. B

Any good passive speakers under $3k with a woofer size bigger than 6.5?

Maybe I'll try them again later on if I find nothing. Trying out numerous speakers of different brands that all have a hiss rubs you the wrong way
  7. B

Just looking up " A500 Hiss" comes up with about a hundred reviews talking about the hiss including ones from this website. Maybe you got lucky or they fixed it.
  8. B

Still looking. I've had the M16's for almost a year now and haven't found anything better in my price range.
  9. B

Revel M16 Focal Aria 906 Martinlogan ESL NHT C3 Dynaudio Emit M20 Dali Oberon 5 Wharfedale Evo 4.2 Revel M105 Elac DBR62 Sonus Faber tower forgot the model Neumann KH80 Axiom M3 APS Klasik and probably a few more I can't remember
  10. B

What speakers have some of the best value in the $2-3k price point?

Thank you for the very detailed post. I will check all those speakers out. What do you think about electrostatic speakers like the Martin Logan ESL?
  11. B

I was so disappointed with the Aria 906 that I've never tried anything else from them. Probably irrational though.
  12. B

I've listened to the normal BMR and I actually still prefer the M16's. I'm no science guy so I don't understand what it means but I was told the vertical dispersion is better on the M16's and that's probably why I preferred them. I'd like to hear the towers though.
  13. B

I actually had the Neumann KH80 but they didn't go loud enough for me.
  14. B

I can't tell you. They were bookshelves and it might have been even more than $5k. It was in the big boy expensive room that I wasn't directed to when I said my price range. I should have asked. As for the M106 I haven't heard them but based on what I've read in this forum the people who have...
  15. B

I feel like most of the speakers I've heard are a terrible value. They might fit the price range but they always sound way worse than those great value gem speakers that sound much much better for the same price. I imagine there are only a few speakers in each price range that are like this...
  16. B

Has anyone heard Goldenear Triton Five's?

They have really great reviews but I've never really seen them talked about. Has anyone heard them and compared them to other speakers brands like Revel?
  17. B

Has anyone heard speakers with a wider soundstage than Revel's?

Let's say under $3k. I've heard a good number of speakers but Revel's had the biggest soundstage and was curious if anyone has heard something that had a noticeably wider soundstage?
  18. B

JBL HDI-1600 Speaker Review

Was anyone able to listen to these and compare them to the Revel M16's?
Top Bottom