Search results

1. D

Why are most bookshelf speakers made for analog?

The majority of the smartphone market doesn't want to plug their phone into a pair of speakers, they're happy using bluetooth.
  2. D

What are we listening to right now..

The tinnitus thread inspired encouraged me to play this track from one of my favourite bands at the moment.
  3. D

Buckeye 3 Channel Purifi Amp Review

How is the hivemind these days?
  4. D

Have you considered that I might understand that and still have the same opinion? Here's why... If you're going to spend ~1500 on an amp why scrimp on the appearance for the sake of saving maybe £100? Are people shopping in this range really so price sensitive that a 5-10% price hike to cover...
  5. D

It's not like those two things need to be exclusive of each other at this price.
  6. D

Why haven't subjectivists and objectivists met to do a live ABX test?

The "problem" with objectivity is soon or later you're going to prove yourself wrong.
  7. D

SMSL SU-10 - the next "best" DAC coming soon!?

Love the fact that Rover liked your post about pets. :D
  8. D

Is it possible that I don't like rock?

Tears for Fears and Peter Gabriel are among my favourite artists. I maybe like two Genesis songs. Of course no algorithm is going to be perfect though due to the emotional involvement we have with music, the people we identify with and age probably factors in to it a lot too. For example If I...
  9. D

Is Digital Audio Transmission Analog? [video]

Your snake oil made his condition worse.
  10. D

Windows 11 - Full production release - Easy upgrade, no problems - and no thrills.

Could be worse though; imagine if Windows was developed by Canonical.
  11. D

Is it possible that I don't like rock?

Music map is a fairly good music discovery tool. Punch in an artist you like, click on the branches to go further down the rabbit hole. I find it odd, maybe even pretentious when people say they don't like any rock or pop music because most of is is designed specifically to be liked. What they...
  12. D

well recorded pop music albums or songs

Apparently anything that is catchy or sells well is pop although I refuse to use it in my genre tags because it tells you nothing about the style of music. ... Quickly off the top of my head; an album that is well recorded: Eagles - Hotel California
  13. D

Purifi 1ET7040SA by Rouge Audio Design first review i founded

Diana's a cliché in the Hi-Fi press at this point. Seems like every other piece of hi-fi gear is tested using one of her tracks.
  14. D

Cause of Listening Fatigue?

It could also just be that you are too distracted by all the girls and alcohol at a party to pay attention to listening fatigue.
  15. D

Kennerton Rognir Review (Closed Back Headphone)

This whole thread is about a poorly performing product that is said to sound good. By and large people appear okay with it.
  16. D

Kennerton Rognir Review (Closed Back Headphone)

I was ready for the conclusion to say something like: This is the worst headphone I have measured at ASR at any price. Imagine my surprise!
  17. D

SMSL VMV A2 Review (Stereo Amplifier & DAC)

Are those binding posts the same tiny things they put on their little $50 amps? They look like them in the picture.
  18. D

Can we measure detail retrieval?

A good answer that respects the OP. I'd vote you up more than once if I could.
  19. D

DACS Are A Waste of Money (article)

Your title is a bit disingenuous, the main point of the article is that upgrading a DAC is a waste of money. I wouldn't have thought many people here would disagree with that. Pick one that has the features you need. Done!
  20. D

Music album that have affected you the most

So much objective feedback for what is clearly intended to be a casual thread. More <insert you favourite tipple> needed people. If I was to pick an album that had an effect on my life it would be: The Alarm - Declaration. Not the greatest album ever and perhaps even sounds a little bombastic...
Top Bottom