Search results

1. B

What was your best (and worst) audio purchase for the dollar?

What don't you like about the Atom? Curious because it's the only headamp I've ever used.
  2. B

Did You Actually Buy a New Disc Recently?

Bought a copy of Zwan - Mary Star of the Sea because I literally cannot find it for download or streaming anywhere. Apparently Billy Corgan has bad feelings about the way the group fell apart, so it has basically disappeared. One of my favorite albums from high school.
  3. B

What is Wrong with Centre Channels

Just curious what JBL models you're talking about?
  4. B

Philharmonic AA Plus Monitor - my notes

Well then I'm glad I was able to snag a pair when I did, it's an excellent speaker. Maybe I'll pick up a pair of Mini Monitors instead, and slowly work my way up the Dennis Murphy product ladder.
  5. B

Philharmonic AA Plus Monitor - my notes

I bought a pair of your kits, but I'd also be interested in picking up another pair from Meniscus too, in case that helps persuade Mark.
  6. B

Which headphone(s) of "inferior prestige" do you come always back to?

Koss KSC-75. Also, I use a pair of KPH-30s with a mic as my teleconference/zoom headphones, and I usually just end up grabbing them to listen to music too.
  7. B

Revel M12 opinions?

In a lot of my hobbies it seems like you can find a lot of value going back 1-2 generations of products. With that in mind, does anyone have any opinions about the original Revel Concerta line? Is it worth trying to track down a pair of M12s, or are they not really worth it compared to say a...
  8. B

List of good subwoofers under 600

Just to clarify, the (now-discontinued) SB/PB-1000s have high-passed line level outs. This functionality has been removed in the Pro models.
  9. B

Buckeye Amps: New US based Hypex multichannel amplifier builder, line-up announcement!

Just out of curiosity, if you can compare the size against the Ghent 2-channel case for the NC502MP that would be great. I'm looking for the smallest footprint (depth and width) that I can get.
  10. B

Buckeye Amps: New US based Hypex multichannel amplifier builder, line-up announcement!

Do you have any pics of the new small 2-channel case? Thanks.
  11. B

Kali Audio MV-BT Review (Balanced Bluetooth Receiver)

Fiio BTA30 is one I have been looking at. I'd be interested to see the DAC performance too.
  12. B

Dynaudio Emit M10 Review (bookshelf speaker)

Amir, do you have the horizontal/vertical directivity plots that you normally include?
  13. B

DIY Purifi Amp builds

How do you feel about the VTV build quality? I know there have been some negative experiences with his other amps, but it seems like with the EVAL1 board there's less opportunity for issues.
  14. B

SVS 1000 Pro Series

I actually emailed SVS and asked about that, and they confirmed the SB1000 Pro and PB1000 Pro don't have high pass filters.
  15. B

Topping D30Pro Review (Balanced DAC)

Does anyone know if this will have an input sensing auto-standby/auto-shutoff? I tried to skim through the thread but I didn't see it.
  16. B

Not saying they're transparent, but Amir measured the Hypex NC400 and the Purifi 1ET400A to have a THD+N of right around .003% at 100mW. That's pretty durn good. Give them a couple more generations and I bet they'll get even better.
  17. B

Speaker amps are getting closed to being "solved" as well with the latest Hypex and Purifi topologies. I think it's great.
  18. B

You'd be surprised what you can slap together pretty quickly with squarespace. That's what we used for our wedding website. Although I'm not sure how well it does with e-commerce stuff.
  19. B

Revel C205 with JBL Studio 580s?

Yep and yep. I actually played with the crossover and set the 580s to large while crossing the 520c at 100Hz, and it solved some of the intelligibility issues. I think a sub may make an even bigger difference.
  20. B

Can the SE and balanced outputs be used at the same time? For example, I'd like to feed a pair of active speakers with the XLR, and a subwoofer with the RCA.
Top Bottom