Search results

1. Leiker535

Hifiman HE6se Review (Headphone)

Yeah, I meant it loses dynamics and the bass start clipping with artifacts. Had that happening on a Loxjie D30.
  2. Leiker535

Well, it's a hard myth and with some backing to it. Being very hard to drive, you do loose authority on bass without enough current, but it's not difficult to remedy that in today's world. Also, using dedicated speaker amps or ancient robust powerhouses amps often did have an impact on the...
  3. Leiker535

Only if you really wants to go loud or use EQ with a substantial bass shelf. I have the V2s and I can say that most 200ish amplifiers recommended in this forum can drive it plenty. I've had them driven through an A30 pro, a Topping L30, a FOsi BT30 pro speaker amp and now a Schiit Magni+. The...
  4. Leiker535

System/DAC upgrade, suggestions on candidates

I've had the ifi Power X before as it came with my Zen DAC Signature V2, and I can personally attest that the changes it brought to the DAC's performance were placebo (the DAC could be powered directly though usb power, plugging the PSU in over that made no difference). That said, there are...
  5. Leiker535

Fosi Audio SK02 DAC & HP Amp Review

Here's a better picture, y axis is SPL (10 dB delta) and x axis is frequency up till 22khz. It comes from this video, where the reviewer measures FR using a certain noise (not sure which, brown, white or pink). His other FR measurement is fine, with minor deviations probably due to the...
  6. Leiker535

Fosi Audio SK02 DAC & HP Amp Review

Local reviewer here ran a noise signal through the little DAC and got worrisome results. I don't know how to properly interpret it, maybe it is due to the rising THD up the high frequencies shown here as well? Other than that, the high gain power max was 40% behind spec, but should be fine...
  7. Leiker535

Headphones for Gaming/Music

What do you like about the DT 990 Pro? They are very V shaped and bright headphones. The 1990 Pro doesn't have the same amount of bass but is bright as well. The 660s you're looking for is much tamer than those headphones as whole, and similar to the 560s. For gaming I prioritize good imaging...
  8. Leiker535

Fosi Audio SK-01 Headphone Amplifier Review

You underestimate the impact of currency exchange and taxes in international imports. What you said is true for the restricted NA and maybe European market, but not for the rest of the world. Fosi/Ayima/Aoshida/Nobsound mainly sells in marketplaces like Alibaba, which caters to buyers outside...
  9. Leiker535

It is now possible to stream LDAC from Windows without VM, dongle, or other shenanigans.

Those results are better than most wired DACs Amirm has reviewed, LDAC really is a marvel. How does the connection holds up when in HQ for you? Here it's very spotty if the dongle has anything between it and the receiver, or over 1m distances.
  10. Leiker535

Saving you a lot of money

This essay is very valuable in terms of searching for hi-fi, but it's also misleading and a projection of the journalists tastes. From the objectivist perspective, the guy nailed, but when you consider music an art form, you get to the conclusion that there's been significant improvements in...
  11. Leiker535

It is now possible to stream LDAC from Windows without VM, dongle, or other shenanigans.

Ok, so I went and redid the measurements adding a bit of gain to the focusrite line in in order to get to get more than -10dBFS scale. For some reason I couldn't get that with max volume on the dongle, and so didn't do it because I feared I would be adding noise to the signal, but it actually...
  12. Leiker535

Thought it would be interesting to see the difference between multiple codecs, specially with aptx and aptx HD, which seldom appears here and is the main competitor against LDAC, so I did my own amateur measurements (emphasis on amateur) on my Focusrite 2i2. Unfortunately, I don't have a SINAD...
  13. Leiker535

Dan Clark Audio AEON 2 Noire Review

13 ohm and with low sensitivity, it might pose a problem for non SOTA amps on the current front.
  14. Leiker535

Mid-range open-back headphone suggestions

With the genres you mentioned, I find that warm headphones with a little bass bleed (200hz region, the thump and body of drums and bass; rock seldom has much sub activity, specially if you do vinyl) and decayed treble works best (lest percussion becomes fatiguing), so the FiiO FT3 is a good bet...
  15. Leiker535

Hifiman He6se v2

ifi Zen Can 6XX Signature. It isn't a powerhouse but with the default wall wart can offer up to 2W@50ohm which is enough for safe listening and some EQ.
  16. Leiker535

Hifiman He6se v2

This. The 6SE has a better tonal balance and is more natural, it sounds more like a headphone, while the XS can sound "aetheral", as sounds appears to come from nothing. Take this audiophool flowery with a grain of salt though.
  17. Leiker535

Want to replace my current LCD-1 headphones

For a closed set, the Maxwell's are really promising, and may be the new benchmark around U$300. Only "major quirk" I can see with it is the elevated midbass:
  18. Leiker535

New Schiit SYN - Analog Surround Sound Processor

This type of product bodes real to shiit's target audience and loyal customers: those who own a bunch of their gear stacked already. Because it comes in the Lokius, Lokius Max and Jotunhein/Magnus form-factor this is a given.
  19. Leiker535

AMP for Hifiman He6SE (preferably DAC+AMP like the DX7 Pro)

Only when aggressive EQ is concerned, really. I have the v2 and without preamping I use my zen can signature on unity gain all the time. If you don't buy into the "more power = more better" rabbit hole you really don't need extravagant amps to drive these.
  20. Leiker535

64 Audio tia Trió IEM Review

There's an argument to be made here. Some iems, like the u12t and the thieaudio monarch mk2 have inverted phases and are not minimum phase. I myself wonder if that contributes to the "technical" aspect people relate them to, aside from the price and "multi ba" bias. If you take the planar iems...
Top Bottom