Search results

1. R

Buckeye Amps: New US based Hypex multichannel amplifier builder, line-up announcement!

This. Per Monoprice website they still have pin 1 of the XLR connected to sleeve via pin 3, which is not the recommended Hypex configuration. All explained in the Hypex Legacy Pin 1 problem document referenced several times in this thread.
  2. R

thomann t.racks DSP 4x4 Mini Review

Okay thanks for confirming my understanding of the layout and connections. 1) Of the things Audyssey can do correctly, is its ability to set speaker delays well. Without me actually being there to measure and verify this is all imo, but I would guess it can't 'compensate' due to the previously...
  3. R

thomann t.racks DSP 4x4 Mini Review

So starting off you are trying to delay seven channels with with a four channel device? And you have a system with greater than 6m between speakers, and then possibly introducing even more delay with wireless? If so yes, configure the system properly and no need for any extra and (maybe) noisy...
  4. R

Fosi Audio V3 Mono Amplifier Review

I did not query Amir, but I have my answer in your answer.
  5. R

The inaudible 6dB SINAD difference?
  6. R

Yes indeed. Instead of the normally required trio of bypass switches (L/R/sub), two of the switches are eliminated using these amps (along with their RCA<->XLR adapter cables). Just use one bypass switch as normal for the miniDSP. I'm currently setting up 5.4.4 and 2.4 systems using shared...
  7. R

Wow this little guy looks perfect for HT bypass duty, with the front panel RCA/XLR input selection. I am on the kickstarter list :) .
  8. R

Denon AVR-X4700 AVR Review (Updated)

Got it, thanks. I only ask as I also have lots of experience in the electronics return/reliability/manufacturing areas, and have seen very wide variances so thought you might have Denon/Marantz specific knowledge. My new AVR is my first Denon product, hope it lasts as long as my other two (HK...
  9. R

Denon AVR-X4700 AVR Review (Updated)

Supporting data please...
  10. R

Denon AVR-X3700H AVR Review

It was mentioned and tested in the review. See first post, and first two AP graphs.
  11. R

Topping Pre90 Review (preamplifier)

You did post its a shame Amir did not test SE-BAL, and maybe someone else has. Since someone else has tested this, and that someone else was already mentioned prior to your post...I guess I mistakingly assumed I, like @ZestClub, that there was doubt as to Topping's product spec/test results...
  12. R

Topping has already tested this (as mentioned in my previous post). I'm not sure why all the Topping product spec/test result doubt here. Topping is NOT known for bogus product specs, or publishing bogus in-house Audio Precision test results (as Amir's testing repeatedly bears out). So I'd...
  13. R

Per the user manual it does convert SE to XLR, and vice versa. It even goes so far as to give very detailed audio measurements of each of the four possible input->output scenarios (including voltage in and voltage out for each).
  14. R

Denon AVR-X4800H AVR Review

Nice space! I love seeing clean creative setups in small spaces.
  15. R

IMO another problem that only exists if you need it to. I treat it like a backlit remote in my HT. Does not take three times the effort, it's still one keypress, and I have a max of one phone out (if the source has an app) and one remote out (the Denon) when viewing any one source (well three...
  16. R

Having a remote that allows a finely stepped yet noticeable volume adjustment of 0.5db (and in one months usage so far, steps perfectly with each and every button press), but when you keep the button pressed it zips down VERY QUICKLY to prevent that new source you switched to from blowing up...
  17. R

Great suggestion. Going to phone apps for control of everything possible has drastically reduced the amount of remotes needed !!!
  18. R

The x4800h has 195 volume steps in 0.5dB increments (and you control the speed of the increase/decrease with the fingertip), pause/play with its internal players is also no problem with the provided remote. I am not seeing any usability issues here, and it's the first time I see it mentioned in...
  19. R

The March 2023 speaker manual setup changes are addressed in the online manual: https://manuals.denon.com/U30_1_DE_X4/EU/DE/index.php
  20. R

This Denon X4800 is a nice piece of kit, love having these ASR reviews available! I just finished the initial build-out and basic manual calibration of my new 5.4.4 home theater with it, sounds awesome. My first personal Atmos build, the bubble of sound takes things to a whole new level than...
Top Bottom