Search results

1. H

volume control

hello all, as some of the folks here may have noticed, i have recently been getting anal with volume controls, both digital and analog. getting into headphones raised my awareness of how the accuracy of an implemented volume control may be more important than an amplifier’s rated output power...
  2. H

DSD playback popping issue!

hello folks! as the title suggests, i began encountering some sort of momentary popping sound (similar to that of LPs) between tracks during playback of some DSD material when i installed a Topping D10S into my system. other than this the Topping D10S was doing fine. the puzzling part is that...
  3. H

Hidizs AP80 vs AP80 Pro

hello all, as the title suggests, headphone newbie doing homework on first possible DAP purchase... or not! for starters to familiarize everyone i am mid-50s into 2ch stereo for the longest time with the usual degraded HF acuity but still with a palate for avoiding harsh treble so i may still...
  4. H

how much headphone amp is enough???

hello folks! the headphone newbie here once again with a typical inquiry. as the title suggests the obvious let me fill in the starting point. laptop source with foobar2000 + equalizer APO PEACE + smsl sanskrit 10th mk2 dac + topping L30 amp + headphones. i started out using a hand me down...
  5. H

headphone newbie

hello folks! once again i seek everyone’s wisdom this time regarding the subject of headphones. i presently have decent two channel gear in a dedicated home theater. unfortunately the luxury of full bore listening sessions are restricted when everyone else at home is asleep. i am considering...
  6. H

daphile storage

hello experienced daphile users, i have recently been using daphile installed in a dedicated minipc with a shared 500gb SSD for both daphile data and the operating system. after loading some of my music library into the limited internal shared storage, it becomes apparent that i will run out of...
  7. H

separates, do i really need a preamplifier?

hello all! as the title suggests the obvious, i have been running my trusty 2ch integrateds for the longest time in this hobby. while many (purists) critique the implementation of the preamp stages of an integrated amplifier, aside from the usual flexibility of choosing/changing power amp...
  8. H

dedicated music server

hello folks! pls bear with another newbie inquiry. i am in the process of setting up a dedicated music server. i am considering a fanless mini pc of which i will indicated below the possible options. this will be running daphile only as its OS. per daphile site there are indicated specs for...
  9. H

onkyo 8390

hello folks! pls see link below. i think onkyo has finally answered the prayers of those looking for proper bass management in a two channel integrated amp! this one i guess comes close after readning through its user manual. https://eu.onkyo.com/en-GLOBAL/brands/onkyo/tx-8390-b/p/243989
  10. H

amplifier power

hello all! i guess this inquiry is a cliché but please bear with me. there have been many proponents of the virtues having more amplifier power than necessary is a good thing. @amirm has consistently extolled the benefit of having powerful amplification in his numerous reviews of the typical...
  11. H

marantz inquiry

to the more knowledgeable folks here at ASR, i humbly seek thy wisdom so that i may follow the straight and narrow path. i copied a portion of marantz literature on their website below. to a total novice like me, something that may across as useful knowledge or hogwash BS. i hope y’all could...
  12. H

DSPeaker Antimode Cinema 8033

hello folks! anyone here who owns the DSPeaker 8033? did it provide measured performance in dealing with bass related room modes? although the unit measured here in ASR is a similar product that did not measure particularly well, i am still interested if it can accomplish the task. cheers!
  13. H

hdmi connection for audio

hello folks, i have a Himedia Q5 Pro media player/streamer hooked up to my Yamaha RX-V481 home theater avr via hdmi. aside from the main purpose of streaming videos online and media playback from external hard drives, i also use it to stream Spotify Connect for most of my 2ch music. the Himedia...
  14. H

high level subwoofer connection vs. rca

hello all, there has been a mixed bag of information as to the merits of having a high level subwoofer connection as recommended by REL versus the typical low level rca connection similar to the LFE channel of most AVRs and pre-outs or sub-outs of some integrated amplifiers. @amirm has been...
Top Bottom