Search results

1. mnemonix

Rpi, DX3pro, iTunes, Macbook, PC, NAS and oh my...

I really tried to write a concise list of questions but failed, hence the simplistic question below and the amorphous blob of background information that follows! My questions boil down to what software should I load on to my Raspberry Pi and where and how should I store and curate my music...
  2. mnemonix

How to audition for new headphones - help

I've been listening extensively to headphones for years, have a decent pair of open back, closed back and iems which I've haven't upgraded in 10 years and originally bought unheard, but on the back of exhaustive reading. I am an amateur musician but an untrained listener. Well now I'm going to...
  3. mnemonix

Hearing unmeasurable differences in DACs

I've taken video link this from a post by minimalist in another unrelated thread because my interest in it wasn't really on-topic, if that's inappropriate please delete. In this video Martin Mallinson of ESS explains Sigma-delta DAC technology which is interesting itself, but from 22 minutes...
  4. mnemonix

Stax SRM-252 / SRM-D10 technical spec comparison

I wonder if anyone looking at the technical specifications below would be able to offer some insight into the relative performance of these two energiser/amplifers for Stax headphones. I am actually considering the former + standalone DAC vs the latter with its built in (ES9018 based) DAC for...
Top Bottom