Search results

1. mnemonix

Electrostatic Headphone Amplifier Review & Comparison

Apologies, I deleted my post thinking it contributed nothing useful before I read your reply, but it was meant simply to express my disappointment that a potentially enlightening thread with clearly knowledgable participants appeared to be cut short due to to an apparent unwillingness to further...
  2. mnemonix

What’s up with this guy? He’s making objectivists look bad

And in that spirit I shall review his Youtube Channel without ever having watched it... It's nothing more than a monetization exercise. It might just as well be about pizzas he's never tasted. It's certainly not worth discussing the content. Edit - if I was @solderdude I'd pursue a DMCA order...
  3. mnemonix

l30+e30 or a dac/amp combo ?

ie: a fixed DX3 pro?
  4. mnemonix

[Poll] Is no-distortion really better than any distortion?

Were you to ask: "What sound signature do you personally prefer from your hifi?" 1. Warm and distorted. 2. Neutral and undistorted. You would get one kind of meaningful answer, at least from people who understand what those terms mean. Whether anyone but a manufacturer planning their next...
  5. mnemonix

✳ This is it ... the scientific topic we always wanted to discuss ...

...sounds exactly the same no matter what cables you use.
  6. mnemonix

Need an advice on a new DAC

What Frogmeat said. And you know what? I'm not convinced you'd hear a difference between that and any of the upgrades discussed in this thread either. Weird huh? Except.... shiny, new kit often sounds better to us because of expectation bias, and not only that, new kit encourages us to crank...
  7. mnemonix

It doesn't sound "good" so much as it doesn't sound of anything at all. What you will hear is how your headphones present the music you feed them. I don't know if there is a difference between the DX3 DAC and the E30 but it is likely to be inaudble. It's worth stressing again, the differences...
  8. mnemonix

I don't think you will be WOWed by good measurements, they simply provide a solid foundation without inherent flaws. For me the Topping DX3 Pro DAC/Amp unit was good enough. It measures well, was cheaper and offered more features than a stack of budget separates even. I can enjoy my dynamic...
  9. mnemonix

I'm glad it cured your ground loop. You don't say what it is you want to achieve for yourself. Measurement and the opinion of ASR doesn't directly translate into something that audibly satisfies you. What don't you like about your current setup that you would like to change? Some people *like*...
  10. mnemonix

You've wasted £200 on IFI snake oil accessories, and now want to improve on a relatively poor performing DAC that is being run through a headphone amp that introduces a ton of distortion to your audio by design anyway? I think you're wasting your time unless you want to throw everything away...
  11. mnemonix

Rats for better sound quality

I was prepared to consider that damping vibrations in speakers might be beneficial, subject to verification from technically qualified experts, but when I got to this the bullshit alarm sounded I'm afraid.
  12. mnemonix

Recommendation: Putting together a new desktop audio system

Topping DX3 Pro + Sennheiser HD-600 Safe choice, in-budget, compact 1 box solution, usb + bluetooth, neutral (if not as bright as a Grado).
  13. mnemonix

Studio vs Hi-Fi headphones and suggestions.

That you can return them if you don't like them.
  14. mnemonix

AudioQuest JitterBug USB Filter Review

Maybe, maybe not. Again, no one here ever claimed measurements tell the entire story (though they often do), but the single most importamt word in this forum's title is "science". Science is not just the theories, measurements, results and conclusions, it is also a methodology, and whether or...
  15. mnemonix

What can I do to minimize electromagnetic radiation from power amplifiers?

Wifi also works at GHz frequencies similar to the radio bands used for smart meters. Do you believe this influences your HiFi? A smart meter introduces nothing, dirt or otherwise into the power line.
  16. mnemonix

Objective and Subjective Audio

"the warm tube sound" ... is simply distortion.
  17. mnemonix

New ifi x power.

I watched it so you don't have to. Used with a streamer the £230 psu produced: "wider soundstage", "imaging more precise", "tighter bass", "more refinement and extension in the top end, less gritty", "better separation", "blacker background" Uhuh.
Top Bottom