Search results

1. U

Troubleshooting the Denon X3700H AVR and center channel ...

One of the differences between the Denon 3600 and 3700, and their 2020 Marantz counterparts, is the presence of the two configuration memories or "presets." With them you can save, and switch on the fly, between two different calibrated speaker setups, for example a 2.0 for pure direct and a...
  2. U

More speakers, less watts?

No, I am not an engineer, although I could be, I am very happy with my profession. But this is not said by me, Audyssey says it repeatedly in her articles and forums. Audyssey sets the level at which the loudspeaker loses efficiency in the room, it is the AVR that sets the "size" of the...
  3. U

More speakers, less watts?

Audyssey does not designate or suggest large or small speakers, filter levels, or crossovers. It is the AVR software that marks them after calibration. Audyssey always recommends small speakers for your bass management when using one or more SW. I also don't understand that the sound "gets...
  4. U

Marantz SR8015 Review (Home Theater AVR)

It is possible that you had a problem with the channel or its configuration. At no time have I noticed deficiencies in the center channel of the SR8015, and for this reason I have not needed to make special adjustments, but the configuration possibilities in the avr of the audio, channels and...
  5. U

I don't know what he's doing here? We want the test and the AVR Marantz SR8015 to be talked about, not its stereo. Would it be possible to continue talking about the SR8015?
  6. U

I have an 8015, and the truth is, I don't notice that it gets too hot. Less than my previous Denon Series 4, which also didn't get too hot with its 7 channels in use. Now, just in case, I added external fans, which work at a minimum and according to the same device do not exceed 35 ° C. I added...
  7. U

Anyone want to have their Marantz SR8015 Tested?

I have an 8015 and I am happy with its sound, but I trust the measurements more than my ears, and if these are not satisfactory for the next one I will act accordingly. I made the purchase of the 8015, after buying one of the Denon 6700 frogs, and in which I totally lost confidence after the...
  8. U

Denon AVR-X8500H AVR Review

I add that the test of friend Anterantz, although subjective, has been carried out with the right amplifier. Either of these two class D would have served equally well, by measurements and power. It is also true that the room is small and the listening area has to be very close, so it is...
  9. U

It's a mistake, it's not the ncore 400, it's the Purifi 3x 1ET400A. Both have been tested here I think.
  10. U

Denon AVR-X3700H AVR Review

Leave it, we still don't understand each other. In my previous writings, I only responded to other comments that pointed in another configuration direction that is not valid, at least that is what I understood. I use the same settings you have pointed out for my 7.2.4, but with the Purifi...
  11. U

Thanks for the clarification, but it is possible that I did not understand well, or that I did not express myself well. It is also possible that I am the one who did not understand anything from the translation, but the truth is that there is some confusion. I have an external amplifier for the...
  12. U

I mean if what you think is to use a stereo setup with external amplification for the fronts for music, and another for cinema using another amp and speaker setup, it doesn't make much sense. You would only have it if you keep the same amplification scheme in both.
  13. U

Also, you have to keep in mind that using the two presets for two different amplification settings (internal or external) would be quite cumbersome in this case, at least for me. Not only would you have to choose one of the two configurations, you would also have to turn off the equipment and...
  14. U

Denon AVR-X4700 AVR Review (Updated)

I do not dispute your decision to use an external amplifier at all, I myself use a class D with similar intentions to yours, and am very satisfied. He spoke in general, not because of his decision, to emphasize that you have to be very careful with the choice because audible improvements are not...
  15. U

Audyssey performs the calibration regardless of whether or not it uses external amplification. On the other hand, for the 4xxx series external amplification is not usually necessary, unless you want to relieve the receiver of work, want to expand your system to 11 channels, and especially if...
  16. U

It will only appear for two channel sources and in Music / Dolby Audio - Dolby Surround mode. You have to have that mode selected and activate the extension in: Audio / Surround sound adjustment / Center opening
  17. U

Denon 3700H, 4700H, 6700H

And you have to keep in mind, that if once calibrated you change the amplification assignment, you have to re-calibrate, because you will lose the Audyssey calibration.
  18. U

Yes, it has no value, it is variable. It was only as a guide to get an idea of at what level the distortion-noise of the internal amplification occurs compared to the preamp. And if we gather in a single graph, Amir's SINAD curves from receivers from different brands, the one for the x8500h is...
  19. U

It is a highly debated topic and a personal decision in your case. I know your equipment and it is difficult for me to beat their sound or notice improvements. Assuming that the receiver is appropriate for the size of the room and that it meets the demands of the loudspeakers, the decision is...
  20. U

Summing up, based on these calculations, a little past the reference level, level +2 on the volume scale, the internal amplifiers would still maintain a clean signal, I think the highest SINAD measured in ASR. And at higher volume it is very difficult for the SINAD differences to be really...
Top Bottom