Search results

1. A

DIY Omni Dodecahedron Speaker

Well, you have much more options with almost arbitrary number of drivers : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Semiregular_polyhedron
  2. A

"Micro Bamboo Project" : 3E Audio 260-2-29A Stereo amplifier + Micro-Audio PSU

Hi Treborha, I was wondering what volume control/RC unit you use in your amplifier? ----------------------------- Cześć Treborha, Zastanawiałem się, jaki moduł regulacji głośności/zdalnego sterowania jest używany w twoim wzmacniaczu? Sorry, this is deepl translation...
  3. A

Review of Anaview ALC0100-2300 amp module with integrated power supply

Well, when I look at the distortion curves at 20 and 100Hz, although they are steepest starting at 45W, they cross the 0.1% level exactly (or very close) at 50W. I used the modules together with 2 ALC180-2300 to build 4ch amplifiers to drive Lxmini some time ago. Have not tried them yet, in a...
  4. A

Review of Anaview ALC0100-2300 amp module with integrated power supply

Very well done review (as usual, I should say)! I would like to ask you 2-3 questions related to your test. You used a balanced input connection, it might be interesting to see what happens when you use an unbalanced connection. The question has to do with a rather special ground, which is...
  5. A

Found a TPA3255 4 channel module on AliExpress

I am using mine with the SMPS600RS by Connex and Minidsp 4x10hd (balanced outputs) in aluminium enclosure. Looks I had quite a bit of chance--people are complaining of the hiss comming from the minidsp.
  6. A

FWIW, I use 3e-audio 4ch board with 2 Peerless OX20SC02-08 (86dB sensitivity), no hiss even when I put my ears to the driver. Well, maybe a very tiny bit...
  7. A

Do you mean that in 4ch configuration the output is not bridged? It is a completely different story then---this would be 60W/4ohms or 30w/8ohms. I am quite a bit surprised though: I understand that the document http://www.3e-audio.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/DS_EAUMT-0100-4-A_Rev1.0.pdf...
  8. A

PS: they put 50v capacitors on the board. Meaning that the max secure voltage will be ~40-42V. This still would be enough for ~160-200w/4ohms and 80-100w/8ohms per ch.
  9. A

Great! I would be very interested to see what comes out of it. I have bought three TPA3251 4ch modules by 3e-audio https://www.3e-audio.com/amplifier-kits/tpa3251-4ch-100w/ 4 years ago. They work flawlessly ever since. Unfortunately, 3e-audio stopped making those boards, so I was tempted to buy...
  10. A

Tone control

I am not sure if my question fits this thread (the name looks OK), but I have a different but somewhat similar need: I am looking for a tone control for my stereo installation which consists of minidsp 4x10hd used for input selection, volume control and active filtering, and multi-channel power...
  11. A

Issues with 3e Audio TP3255

I second: SMPS by connexelectronics.com seem to be of good quality. I have built a 12ch amplifier using three 4-ch TPA3251 modules from 3e-Audio withConnex SMPS800RS supply (32V) 3 y. a.. It works just fine ever since--no noise, no other problem.
  12. A

Compact balanced connectors

Thanks! Sure, will do some experimenting. Tying the shield of the balanced cable to the chassis seems to be the best practice. Now, this is not really related to the topic, but I noticed that on some pictures in the teardown thread that the metal tip of the xlr is tied to the shield of the...
  13. A

Thanks. Indeed, I am wondering if I need multiple ground wires on the MiniDSP side. Would it be OK if I just connect the (25-th) ground wire with the amplifier box?
  14. A

I have horrid memories of russian-built (soviet era) din plugs. It sounds, they were not much better on the other side of the wall;-)
  15. A

Yep, they have all kinds of things on the well-known site...
  16. A

When using DB-25 (or DB-37), could I just use a ribbon cable inside the enclosure?
  17. A

Thank you very much for suggestions. DB25 connector looks like a great option for a 8ch amplifier. Because mine is 12ch, I would have to use DB37 which is quite a bit bulkier than DB25. Still, might be interesting, I have to see how big it really is, will try computer garbage can of my lab...
  18. A

I would prefer smth which can be directly mounted on the ampifier backplate, would like to avoid making a special pinted board for this. And smth that will not cost 200$ for 12 connectors;-) I was also thinking of smth like this as alternative: Yet, I was expecting something more standard.
  19. A

Two years ago I have built a 12ch amplifier using 3e audio modules. It is working flowlessly ever since. However, 12 xlr connectors produced quite a bit of clutter and ate significant space of backplate (I use the HIFI2000 2U enclosure from audiophonics.fr). I am looking for alternatives to...
Top Bottom