Search results

1. P

Abletec Anaview ALC1000 and ALC0300 amps

A friend here built a pair of these and loves them. He feels they are first rate. Sound quality is up there with others Class D amps. I looked and they are cheap now. Specs are not Purifi or BOSC catagory, ten year old technology. But how many zeros after the decimal point are required? The...
  2. P

Hiss after warm up.

I hooked up a pair of stereo integrated amps in bridge mode recently. Sonic nirvana. After a couple months both developed a hiss after playing for an hour or two. But only on the input connected to a source. Both amps close to the same. The open inputs are totally silent on high efficiency...
  3. P

Calculating corner frequency for balanced interconnect

Moved my dac and needed much longer interconnects. Changed from two feet to ten meter balanced. Wondered about the capacitance causing a drop in high frequencies. Used Gotham GAC-3, a high capacitance bulk cable, specced at 150 pf/m conductor to conductor and 240 pf/m conductor to braid. The...
  4. P

Carver Crimson Thread

I have noticed the affordable Carver Crimson 275 amplifier. Looked like a McIntosh 275 clone. Just saw some of the details, Bob Carver has done it again. The tubes do not get hot, touchable while playing.. Also no dc through the output transformers. So reduced size. And cost. Has anyone seen one?
  5. P

Bridged amplifier power gains

I have been playing around with a couple stereo amplifiers that are not balanced output. The power ratings are low, 30 watts @8 ohms and 60 watts @4 ohm loads. Good sign, doubles power output. The rail voltages are low. Built a cable to connect the balanced output from dac to a stereo...
  6. P

REW signal generator and RTA function

Been wanting an AP signal analyzer. Saw where REW offered this as part of the package. Being a Mac user this ran into an issue right off. The OS Mojave was blocking the loopback signal. I was convinced I did not know how to route loopback. Sorted that out and have been playing with this...
  7. P

Mains Leakage Currents

I was not familiar with the term Mains leakage currents. Looking it looks just like AC input artifacts and the multiple harmonics of the power line frequency. When I saw tests run on switching supplies these are very evident. Yet the measured noise levels are sometimes unbelievable low level...
Top Bottom